Another newbie making sawdust

Status
Not open for further replies.

decibel

New User
Patrick
Hi,

My name is Patrick Smith and I'm a new "wood worker" in Charlotte. Probably more of a tool collector and dreamer than woodworker at this point but hey we all start somewhere right?

Started building basic loudspeaker cabinets about 15 years ago out of particle board (shudder). Started back making sawdust last year when I figured I'd build myself a new home theater subwoofer enclosure and an entertainment pier to put some old equipment in downstairs. I want to make the jump from sheet goods queen to some real wood projects.

Interested in turning, basic cabinetry and eventually furniture. I'm a computer guy first so I"m all about functional but not very good on the appearance yet. Hoping to learn a few things from some people on the boards here.

I'm sure you'll see me asking questions in the future :)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Patrick, welcome! Form follows function, at least in my book, so you're well on your way! Good to have you on the site and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Hint: We like pictures. Really.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Patrick!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Sure looking forward to seeing some your work.

This a great place to find answers to any woodworking related questions. Lot's of talent here at the site and it seems, an unending wealth of knowledge to help us on our way!

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools!:wsmile:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Patrick, I am glad that you could join us. Collecting tools is a bunch of fun :eusa_danc, but some day you'll have to do something with them. Or else the LOYL will get suspicious :icon_scra:roll::roll:. We have quite a few speaker builder here, turned solid wood ww'ers. Hit up MrAudio to see some of his work.
I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some of you work.
Hope to see you around!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Patrick. We look forward to seeing you turn up the participation level like those speakers! Enjoy!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Patrick, it is great to have you join us. The next Charlotte are gathering should be a blast with all the new area folks joining recently:gar-La;.

decibel

New User
Patrick
Wow guys thanks for the warm welcome.

I was in Raleigh/RTP area 3 years back but was in an apartment so no WW there but I see a lot of guys up that way now. Also I'm SUPER paranoid when it comes to the power tools. It's amazing watching how careless some people can be with table saws etc.

I'll put some pics up eventually as I'll have to make something to justify the shop/shed we just built/wired out back. :eusa_pray

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Patrick,
I would guess that several of us started with particle board before graduating to solid wood - I know I did. Welcome to a great place to learn and share the sawdust.
Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Patrick!

We get us a few more from this area and we might start up the "Frog Pond Wood Butchers and Coon Hunter's Amalgamated. (Unaffiliated) :gar-Bi

You'll like this bunch. Feel free to jump in anytime.

:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome aboard Patrick! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap There are a lot of great folks here. Feel free to jump in at any time. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWWer Patrick!!

There are a handful of us down around Charlotte, keep your eyes out for a get together in the area and come on out.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Patrick and welcome to NCWWer!
I'd loved to see/hear your speakers . . . maybe if you turn 'em up loud enough I can :mrgreen:

Roger

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Welcome Patrick, I'm new here as well. I found this site a few weeks ago while being at home recovering from surgery. It sure has helped pass the time while I am unable to do anything. But it wont be long now. There really are a bunch of warm, friendly, and very helpful people on here. I'm glad I found it.
TracyB

decibel

New User
Patrick
Tracy hope you get well soon. I know how it is I'm just now getting back on my feet after a 3 month layoff from surgery to repair my achillies rupture :-o. To add insult to injury my new detached shop was built out back and I've been staring at it for 2 months :) So be patient and you'll be back out there in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS