Another New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharmabum

New User
Update your profile with your name
Hello from Maine

I just returned from Asheville in search of a second home. I attended the show at the Civic Center in town and met several local woodworkers. One of the people I ran into suggested this site to me as a way to meet others in the area. Although I love the state of Maine, the Black Mountain area of NC is calling to me. By the way, the day we left the Blue Ridge Parkway was closed due to icing :cry:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, glad to have you here. You might not get a lot of responses, half the members are here in Hickory. In fact, I'm sending this from hotel room. You'll love NC

Jay

New User
Jay
dharmabum I grew up in the Bangor Maine area. You are right it is very nice there. The mountains of NC are great too. Unfortunately I am not close enough to them either. Am in Wayne County but get out to the mountains as often as I can. Great to have you on the site.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dharmabum: The mountains of this state are it's greatest asset, IMO, but the coast is a good second. You couldn't be hanging out in a more beautiful part of the country right now. I am shocked that the BRP is already icing. Welcome to the forum, who ever told you this was a great place to meet people was right, and I would like to shake their hand. I have met more great people on this forum then on all the others I check out regularly. We are happy to have you here and I look forward to your input around here. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Dharmabum,

Let me also chime in and welcome you! I'm sure you'll get flooded with welcomes after the wood working show in Hickory this weekend. I believe we have quite a lot of people going. I grew up in Hickory (about an hour from the parkway), and my wife went to Appalachian State University, so I have spent a bit of time up there. Truely beautiful. Be sure you check out the galleries, some of our members have posted some beautiful work there.

Again,

Welcome!!!!

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome - glad to have you here. I had the privilege of traveling through Maine when I was in gradeschool. It was gorgeous. Even went to Bangor! The Blue Ridge Parkway is gorgeous - but it doesn't surprise me that it was icing. It was freezing here in the foothills and when you add the elevation you get snow/ice. This is a great group of folks.

lbmallett

New User
Larry Mallett
Welcome,

During my life time I have travelled all over the world. Western North Carolina ranks in the top two or three of the most beautifult places I have seen. Not only that, but the people are very hospitable, friendly, and honest. You couldn't have picked a better place to settle. Hope you find a place you like.

Larry

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome! I live in Henderson County and work in Asheville. Western NC is a beautiful part of the state. Hopefully we will continue to add more users of this board that live in this area and have a strong showing from the West also. This board is a great resource and it's nice to have others nearby to share resources and knowledge.

Steve D

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to the merry band of woodworkers and wannabes. Hope you find what you're looking for in western NC. I've been to Camden, Bar Harbor, Bangor and on to Canada. It's a beautiful place, but we sure speak a different language :lol:.

Looking forward to you posts,
Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS