Another lumber run? Mahongany

Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Looking at doing one more lumber run folks, if we have interest. we have about 1400 bf of Mahogany out of Brazil. it's a very straight grained, light wood chestnut in color. it is all 4/4 and we do have some 5/4 on request, random widths 8' and 9' lengths. Here are a few pictures of some finished samples we are doing for some furniture pieces. Also is a picture of a raised panel door that we are using for a sample on our next project. We'll need to have requests to fill the entire 1400 feet and we will have room on the trailer to bring anything else that someone might need. If you are interested please let me know how many bf you are interested in. Looking to do this sometime in the next 30 days.

Price is $3.75 a bf. I will donate $.25 bf to the NCWW

Kevin, if you are willing once again your location was excellent and an excellent host. Let me know and if not able to we will look around for a different location
wood1.jpgwood2.jpgwood3.jpg

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'd be more than happy to host again, and this time I'll provide refreshments, and maybe even a sliding table saw demo or two if folks are interested in how one of these beasts goes about its business.

The wood looks terrific, BTW. I bet there are still a few people (like, oh... ME) interested in any flame birch that you might have left; that stuff looked great.

K

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Kevin, I have about 200 bf of flame birch left, so I can bring it with me.

Sean, I'll put you down for 50

JohnW

New User
John
Chris, I'd buy the following:

70 BF Mahog
20 BF Flamed Birch
And I'm looking for an 8/4 board of riff sawn cherry for a set of (4) table legs. If you happen to have an 8/4 riff board I'd buy that too.

John W

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
John, I'll look through all my 8/4 and see if I can find a rift sawn board and let you know. I'll send a pic of it if I do.

Chris

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Willem, got it. returned your PM.

we still have some of the curly maple left as well, I think around 300 bf if anyone still wanted some of that as well. I will probably list a few others in this thread if anyone is interested and room available.

If anyone is interested in a 300bf + bundle of the curly maple, PM me and I'll see what I can do as a bundled price

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
it is. Kevin mentioned once before he didn't mind holding a few boards from someone, if he's still in that same position he might be able to help you out with it.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
My storage fees are very reasonable.

Of course, you do have to pay separate shipping and handling…

K

thsb

New User
Tim
i am not sure why, but i would be up for 50 board feet. need to come up with a cherry/maple/mahogany project.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
It is tempting but I have no more room from the last purchase of curly maple/curly cherry/flame birch/birdseye maple. Not to mention all the black walnut that I still have from when it was sold for $0.50/board foot (that was a once in a lifetime deal!).

IMG_7771.jpg

walnut.jpg

I guess I can't complain about having too much wood! Maybe my wife would let me store some in the living room? :D

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I see about 52bf of space on those walls :) Looks like you need to start making sawdust, must like myself.

Chris

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
anyone interested in burma teak? If I can seal the deal, I would be able to offer it below wholesale. Here are a few pics.teak1.jpgteak2.jpg

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Most DEFINITELY interested in teak. Of course, "below wholesale" may still be a little to rich for my house-poor blood. (That's a lot like iron-poor blood, but it also includes steel, lumber, drywall, stucco along with electrical and plumbing fixtures...)

I have much outdoor stuff to make. Too bad they don't have any WIDE boards, huh?

Geez!

K

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I would be interested in about 30 BF of the maple if available. If the maple is gone, I could go with the Birch.

If you don't mind a smaller request, if I could get some 8 - 9 inch wide boards, I would be happy to take a couple of boards of the Mahogoany. Is any of it QS?

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
the Mahogany is going to be flat sawn.. there might be a few boards quartered, but majority is going to be flat. We still have maple and I'll bring it with me and will try to find a few 8-9" boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS