Another lumber run? Mahongany

Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
sorry I haven't got back to a few of you with questions, we've been busy today working on our new sawmill building.

We will be selling the burma teak for this individual who has about 1,000bf of it. surfaced to 7/8" and 5/8" random widths and lengths if anyone is interested let me know and I'll bring it with me. It will be $18.00 bf, well below wholesale and good looking stuff. It has been in storage since the 60's. His grandfather worked in the Navy Yard as a carpenter working with teak. He collected thousands of feet while doing that. His grandfather passed away last year and he is needing to move the inventory.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Looks like it will be the 9th of March, between 10 and 2 at Kevins again. Iif we have a rain out we'll have to look at pushing it back one day weather permitting.

Chris

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
While it is very generous(?) of Wilhelm to volunteer Steve's wood for the slider demo, I don't think that will be necessary. I might have one or two pieces here somewhere that I can scrounge up:

wood-stockpile.jpg

(Note the forklift for scale.)

If this won't do, I also have about 200bf more in the truck that I can't find room for in this location.

We should be good on wood.

K

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
they are random widths, anywhere from 3.5" to 8". I have 1400bf available to bring at this price and 8 and 9' lengths, so widths are random. chris

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
While it is very generous(?) of Wilhelm to volunteer Steve's wood for the slider demo, I don't think that will be necessary. I might have one or two pieces here somewhere that I can scrounge up:

(Note the forklift for scale.)

If this won't do, I also have about 200bf more in the truck that I can't find room for in this location.

We should be good on wood.

K

I think we should try some of that Burma Teak on your sliding table saw, a really good saw and some really good wide lumber would make a lasting impression.
;)

On a more serious note, I will be doing my front doors in Burma Teak one day, but would need thicker stock and now is not the time for that. My dad did his whole house outside doors and all the windows in Burma Teak, back in the 70's when it was still affordable and it really looked great.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
If Chris is willing to donate 100bf or so, I'd be happy to cut it up, either on my bandsaw or tablesaw. It might even get cut into pieces that could theoretically create a shower bench and towel storage rack.

Strictly for demonstration purposes.

I could then go on to demonstrate how durable those pieces would be in a wet environment, like, say, our new shower in the master bath of our new house.

This would all be for the good of the NCWW group, of course.

I know it's a big sacrifice, but I'm willing to do it for the team.

BTW, Chris, if it was all really straight grain wood and wide boards, that would make the demo even better. Just sayin'.

K

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
9th of March, between 10 and 2 at Kevins again. If we have a rain out we'll have to look at pushing it back one day weather permitting.

I'll send out PM's to everyone confirming what they have ordered and witht he address for those who do not have it.

Chris

SeanStuart

New User
SeanStuart
Chris, Do you have any 8/4, for some legs?

You probably would have mentioned it if you did, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

DWSmith

New User
David
9th of March, between 10 and 2 at Kevins again. If we have a rain out we'll have to look at pushing it back one day weather permitting.

I'll send out PM's to everyone confirming what they have ordered and witht he address for those who do not have it.

Chris

What is the species of mahogany and is there any 8/4 available?

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
it is out of brazil, lightweight, straight grained, butterscotch color. We only have 4/4 and 5/4 unfortunately. it is all surfaced two sides so you can match color and grain. We bought the last inventory of one importers, so this is the last of it.

look at our website to see if there is anything else folks want me to bring, we have a pretty good variety

SeanStuart

New User
SeanStuart
look at our website to see if there is anything else folks want me to bring, we have a pretty good variety

I am not sure if it is worth your time to move it, but I would like 40-50BF of 4/4 poplar, rough if you have it. Blacksheep of the hardwood family that it is:D. PM a price estimate please.., or if it is not cost effective to move.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS