Another great score thanks to NCWW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott,

I sent the link to this thread to pop. He wants to know if he can get a walnut slab to match his oak one. Whaddaya think? He's in no hurry, just wants to get his order in early!

Trav

Trav, I'll be glad to give him first shot! One thing, it won't be QS, because I'd need a larger log for that. Ask him if FS is acceptable, and what thickness and lenght that he would be interested in.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott,

Are you going to power wash the stump/root before milling? That would likely minimize blade damage, though that subterranean wood always seems to have some grit in it.

Very nice haul!

Andy, yes re power washing. Philip and I actually washed it quite a bit with a hose at the site before taking the chainsaw to it. It still put a whupping on my chainsaw chain though...

I'll probably end up power washing it during milling as well, if any voids open up that are filled with dirt or sand.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Andy, yes re power washing. Philip and I actually washed it quite a bit with a hose at the site before taking the chainsaw to it. It still put a whupping on my chainsaw chain though...

I'll probably end up power washing it during milling as well, if any voids open up that are filled with dirt or sand.

Scott you might want to throw it in the pond for a while before you cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS