Another Great CL Find (Gloat)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I had been watching this scrollsaw on Raleigh CL for about two weeks. Price was dropping and I just had to check it out!

It turns out that the previous owners purchased it at a trade show, used it a couple of times and decided that it wasn't for them. The local son-in-law was selling for them on CL. When I went to see it yesterday, the cord was still bound by the original packing tape, the table had sticker residue and it was gleaming clean. Oh. And it runs just so smooth!:wsmile:

How could I resist! I am now the proud owner of a RBI Hawk 220VS.....

100_2516.jpg

100_2518.jpg

Now to stock up on blades and look around for some simple patterns to cut.

Moral of the story. Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist! There are good deals are out there.

Wayne

Last edited:

jhreed

New User
james
OK, after you clean it up, it will be a good addition to your shop. Just kidding, congratulations. Now tell me about your jointer. Yes, I looked around your shop while I was there. Was that a recent addition? Tell me about the mobile base. I have one just like it that I just purchased from HD. Have ordered some castors from Rockler, supposed to be here Friday. $34.00/4
James

BrianBDH

New User
Brian
Great job on the scrollsaw. If you are interested in a small project, I have one in mind.

I am working on another church project that requires a scroll sawn cross. I have the pattern.

I also have the piece of walnut I want to use. But it 3/4 and probably needs resawing/planing down to about 3/8 or 1/4.

Just need somebody willing to help me out.

Brian

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, awesome find! That thing is absolutely brand spanking new :tool:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
OK, after you clean it up, it will be a good addition to your shop. Just kidding, congratulations. Now tell me about your jointer. Yes, I looked around your shop while I was there. Was that a recent addition? Tell me about the mobile base. I have one just like it that I just purchased from HD. Have ordered some castors from Rockler, supposed to be here Friday. $34.00/4
James

Thanks James.

I have actually had the Ridgid jointer for a few years now. Shortly after buying it, I went out and purchased a universal base similar to these sold at Woodcraft. (They go on sale on a pretty regular basis.)

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pr...29416&ss=01a2388e-ea27-404e-97a4-3fbb7fb212bc

Just cut a piece of 3/4" ply, bolt each corner bracket/caster and it is good to roll. I also use this same base under my TS. Never been an issue.

I am sure you will like the new jointer. Good value.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors