Another great article by Gregory Paolini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congratulations, Gregory, on another great article in Fine WoodWorking. That's two consecutive issues. The coffee table is really nice, w/ some very interesting joinery. Great job! :eusa_clap

Bill

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Yup, great article! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It is nice having a a real pro amongst the rest of us wood butchers!

Greg, if you check this thread, I have a design question:

Why didn't you put a shallow dado in the long stretcher like you did in the short one? If you did it that way both notches would have been the same width.

Thanks.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg is very talented and a good friend of NCWW. :notworthy: I am glad to see him get the credit and attention he deserves.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Thanks for all the kind words -It was a fun project to make too! I still havn't recieved that issue yet though...

As far as the upper lap joint goes - While the width of the slot would be the same, the set up to make it would have been a bit different. And since it's tucked under the top, there's very little chance of seeing any gap in the lap. The joints in the bottom are another story though.

Glad y'all like it

Best,
Gregory

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the kind words -It was a fun project to make too! I still havn't recieved that issue yet though...

As far as the upper lap joint goes - While the width of the slot would be the same, the set up to make it would have been a bit different. And since it's tucked under the top, there's very little chance of seeing any gap in the lap. The joints in the bottom are another story though.

Glad y'all like it

Best,
Gregory

Thanks.

When I had a tip published in FWW (my only one in FWW!) a few years ago, they sent me a copy and cover letter before the issue was distributed to the public- budget cuts or just the USPS? Joe Scharle usually gets his copy of AWW days before I get mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS