New User
Monty
.... so to speak!

:lol:

b6_3.JPG

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
OH MY!!! That is a very rare Stanley prototype for a bench bullnose plane! (or maybe just an amputee)

M

McRabbet

Looks like it would be perfect for me -- I broke a bone Monday in my left wrist, so the front knob would superfluous for many weeks to come. Maybe it's just for shortcuts? :lol:

Jay

New User
Jay
Don't know but you have certainly got me interested in the answer. Doesn't look like a very effective plane.

Jay

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dang.......they done lapped the toe off of that there plane. Are they selling it for half off?:lol:

OK, I am heading to B&G to see what I can find out about it.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Almost looks like a 10 1/2 Carriage Maker's rabbet plane with the front knocked off of it.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Naw... I think that this tool most likely started life as a No 4. Since it has two patent dates, that narrows it down to a type 9 or 10. If it has a frog adjustment screw (can't tell from this angle) that would put it at a type 10, since that feature first appeared in the type 10's. Doesn't matter, though, since the bed is ruined! It's been broken in half and ground down to a smooth edge. :lol:

Can't tell what vintage the frog is, since you can't see the shape of the top arch (or whether is has a frog adjustment screw). The lever cap, cap iron & blade look pretty good, though. The lever cap is even the un-embossed kind, which puts it at type 12 or earlier. The tote would be nice if it didn't have a giant crack right in the middle!

It does kind of look that picture of a 10½ on B&G, but those rabbet planes have a blade that's shaped kind of like a "T" on the end, with the width of the blade extending out on each side to the very edge of the plane. Not so with this one... :-?

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Good lord ebay sucks.

There are also the ebay plane fairies...their job is to during the night take the blade out of every plane offered on ebay, grind a bevel that is not even close to straight, turn half of it purple, beat the newly ground bevel with the blunt side of a machete, then return it to the plane.

I know they exist because about every plane I ever bought on ebay has been that way.

Monty

New User
Monty
LOL! Yea I've received a few blades that looked like they were honed on a chainsaw! 8-O

:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS