Another chess table updated

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I would be wanting to see $2500, and that would be rock bottom. Customer history would also help in deciding the price, as repeat business deserves a discounted rate for loyalty. That is truly a masterful and world class chess board, and the chess pieces are mind blowing too! Congratulations on such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and creativity Fred! I'm blessed to count you among my friends! You are one of the reasons NCWW is a collection of some of the top woodworkers in the world! Now go apply an ice pack to your head to reduce the sudden swelling....... :p :p :p ;););):):):)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I would be wanting to see $2500, and that would be rock bottom. Customer history would also help in deciding the price, as repeat business deserves a discounted rate for loyalty. That is truly a masterful and world class chess board, and the chess pieces are mind blowing too! Congratulations on such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and creativity Fred! I'm blessed to count you among my friends! You are one of the reasons NCWW is a collection of some of the top woodworkers in the world! Now go apply an ice pack to your head to reduce the sudden swelling....... :p :p :p ;););):):):)
When dealing with this customer I go in with a price in the back of my head. I ask what it's worth to them. They usually come in higher so I knock off a little bit. Makes them feel like they got a deal. If they come in a little lower I will settle for what they offer. Keeps them coming back.....

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Just to be clear. These rates are for the build time. A daily rate applies for Finishing as I'm not running machines or using supplies. I am however dehumidifing heating or cooling as needed so these factor in. Daily rate is determined by many factors, the weather being one. Gotta pay the electric bills you know.
Pick an avg number and charge 12 months a year simpler. 50 or 60 just easier for me

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Fred, beautiful work! I have never attempted the Queen Anne legs, they look beautiful and they look like a challenge to build; IMHO they alone add significantly to the value of the piece.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, beautiful work! I have never attempted the Queen Anne legs, they look beautiful and they look like a challenge to build; IMHO they alone add significantly to the value of the piece.
He he. Easier to just buy em.;) much too much time to make them.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I charge 60 to 75 dollars per hour for shop time Depending on the difficulty of the project. All said and done I'll have 30 to 40 hours in this. Lots of hand work. Probably 300 in materials or there abouts.
Assuming that margin is included in your rate, that puts your "normal price" at $2,100–$3,300. At $1,300, you're discounting your rate to $25–$33/hr.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Assuming that margin is included in your rate, that puts your "normal price" at $2,100–$3,300. At $1,300, you're discounting your rate to $25–$33/hr.
See my subsequent post. Not all billing is at shop rates.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
20201024_174550.jpg
20201024_174625.jpg
20201024_174813.jpg

Done ;)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
yup......mine was only the top section...top and and 1 drawer level. I was in the 4-450 range

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS