Another Box from Old Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Here is the second box I have made from the wood out of my grandpa's house. This one is all pine except the longer keys are poplar and the bottom is very wormy chestnut. I liked the knots. I wish the knot on top hadn't been at the end of the board. Buy, I had to work with what I had. I am going to give this one to my brother.

Thanks for looking.

752303944_Ahhzj-X3.jpg

752308645_MSU3C-X3.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Michael. I too like the knot selections - I think the one on the end makes it look like a sunset/rise and you see the rays from it - JMT

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Thanks for the comments.

The lids are hinged. The top and bottom fit into a groove cut about 1/4" from the edge w/ room for movement. I glued it up and then cut the top off after the glue dried. I really just followed the directions in the Basic Box Making DVD. This third box only took me a few hours minus the finish.

I used Seal-A-Cell Clear followed by Wipe-On-Poly. I was going to use the Arm-A-Cell but I bought the satin sheen and I wanted shiny.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Another excellent box Michael. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Man, you're really cranking these things out, and they all look great! :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS