Another Beginner Carving Class in RTP area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The folks that took the recent beginning carving class that Stave taught seemed very pleased with the experience. I'm sorry that I missed out.

I've been conversing with Stave in PM about holding another beginning carving class in the RTP area. Is anyone else, besides myself interested. We'd need to work out a place and of course a schedule based on Stave's availability, but he seems willing to do it again if there is enough interest.

This is just early planning stage to feel out the interest. Maybe early September when it is hopefully a little cooler.

- Ken.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Anyone who has the slightest interest in carving should [STRIKE]really consider[/STRIKE]TAKE this class. Don't even think about it, just do it!

1. you get to watch a master at work

2. you will learn something

3. you will carve wood and bring home something beautiful

4. Mark will help you through any difficulties and answer all your questions

5. you will meet other NCWWs

6. You will never again get this quality instruction anywhere near the price

M

McRabbet

Stave is giving a class to six members of the Western NC Woodworkers Association next Saturday the 27th in Weaverville (north of Asheville) -- The class is full, including me and I agree with Mike that this is a very worthwhile class for folks to take -- One important thing to consider about a class in the Triangle is that someone will need to host the class at their shop. I would also advise that someone offer to have him stay in their home overnight as it is 225 miles from Asheville to Raleigh and that means at least 2-day trip for him.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Depending on the date, I'll go for it. Weekend of 15th I'm out of town. 22nd and 29th would be ideal.

I'd love to host it, but I can't imagine cramming 7 people in my shop for a day. I can provide lodging for the instructor, though.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
So far I count 3 of us interested. We have an offer for a place for Stave to stay, but still do not have a venue yet. Anyone else interested in the class or have enough room to host a small group of carvers?

- Ken.

stave

New User
stave
If we can find someone willing to host the class in their shop we could work out a date. A class with 3 to 4 people would probably work out. A full class for me is 6 or 7 but that is not a per-requisite to have a class.

Stave

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If y'all were closer to the Triad I'd offer my shop for this class. It seemed to work out okay for the class we had back in July. If anyone is wondering what is involved before deciding whether to offer their shop, please feel free to contact me.

Bill

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Well, I talked to Bill Clemmons and we think that I can set up my shop to accommodate up to 6 participants. So, I am offering to host it. My shop is about 6 miles east of Pittsboro, just a couple miles north of US64. The best I can do time wise is Saturday, Oct.29th or Saturday, Nov. 19th. We'll need to get confirmation from Stave about his availability of course. We have guest space and it will be fine for him to stay with us. Sorry to have to schedule it so far out, but I've got a lot of things scheduled already.

As I read through this thread, I see interest from KenOfCary, eyekode, merrill77, zapdafish and me, bobby g.

If an alternative date, location and host pops up, we can adjust as we like.

In any event, if you are interested, send a reply and get a place in line.

We should go for firm commitments about 3 weeks prior to the workshop.

bobby g

stave

New User
stave
Bobby g,
Those dates will work fine for me. Thanks for the offer of both the hospitality and the use of your shop. It sounds to me like we got a class if we can work out the date.

Stave

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Bobby, Your shop will work out great for me. Both dates are good for me as well. I'd vote for the first one given the choice as I'm anxious to do this.

Stave, Let us know what will be the cost and what to bring when we get the planning further advanced.

Sounds like this is really going to happen. Great!

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS