Announcement from Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I posted this in the thread about his class, but for some reason it didn't show up, so here is what I posted.

earlier:
Just sent Roy an e-mail telling him briefly about this site and how excited we'd be to have him here. Here is his response:

Hi Trent,

I look forward to joining up with ncwoodworker as soon as my head emerges from total crazyland!

I do wonder if you would mind sharing something with the group for me however.

Getting ready for the class, I ordered ten 3/8 inch Ashley Iles bevel edge chisels from 'Tools For Working Wood' in Brooklin this morning. When Joel Moskowitz, the owner, heard about the order, he figured they were for the school and called me back to tell me he was sending them all free of charge. We'll be using these chisels in the dovetail classes.

I don't know if anybody in the group will find this as uplifting as I did, but I thought it was way cool! So much good will out there, even in these hard times!

Best to you,
Roy

I'm no chisel expert, but I'm guessing those are pretty sweet. :tool: :eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

These are very nice chisels -- the 3/8" ones are about $31 apiece and a nice set of four will set you back nearly $170. Here's a link.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I know from reading this site that there is good will left in the world.
Wish they had built the school a little farther west....
I'm envious of y'all close enough to get to participate.
I know if those chisels are good enough for Roy to use, they're good quality. Pretty good endorsement for me.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Joel is a good guy and well worth doing business with. I have bought a couple things from him in the past. If you call up there, He is likely who will take the call and is always helpful!

Glad to hear Roy was able to receive some of his good will (and those of us who get to use the chisels!!!:eusa_danc)

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
I was able to reserve a spot in the 3/1 class with Roy, so there must be some openings left. Sounds like a lot of fun.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've deal with Joel in the past, extremely satisfied by his combination of quality and shared knowledge.

It does speak volumes about the great type of folks woodworkers are.

As an aside, Bill Anderson sent out an email to his list announcing Roy's new school and class. Another example of the quality of folk involved. Whereas some would view a new school as negative competition, Bill is embracing it.

I'm all warm and fuzzy basking in the glow of saw dust!

Jim

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I didn't realize Tools for Working Wood was in Brooklyn. I will have to stop by next time I am visiting friends or family. This is the sort of behavior I've become used to seeing from people in this part of the world; I may have never left Brooklyn if there was more people like Joel there :).

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for sharing Trent, that definitely restores some faith in the good side of human nature. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS