Angels for Heros followup

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
This spring a group of our members created "numerous" angels to be given to our healthcare heroes as a thank you for all they have done.

A BIG thank you goes to all that were involved including Neal, Richard, Tonika, Rich, Berta, Scott, Fred, Pete, Johnny, Gene, and Mark.

I had hoped for 500 but the group really stepped up and we delivered 600

Here is what 600 angels looks like
IMG_5763.jpg

These angels were distributed across the Rex Health Care System

Here is the thank you note I received from Rex:

"Dear Phil and NC Woodworkers friends,

We want to share our appreciation of your generous donation providing handmade angels to our UNC REX co-workers. The Rex Healthcare Foundation distributed this lovely donation, sharing them as tokens of thanks to the clinical teams working so hard during this unprecedented time. They have been distributed to multiple front-line areas of the hospital providing a special, uplifting encouragement to continue taking such excellent care of our patients every day.

Our community’s generosity has truly shown us what an amazing world we live in. The only thing more contagious than a virus is hope. Thank you for bringing hope to all of us. Thank you for wanting to help our co-workers. Together, we will make it through this difficult situation.

I have attached a couple photos of our teams receiving their angels. I hope you’ll always feel free to contact us with your questions or suggestions at (919) 784-4424 or by email at rex.foundation@unchealth.unc.edu. Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation through such a unique gift."

Environmental sanitizing crew with angels.jpeg
Lab staff with angels.jpeg

Thanks again for all who helped

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
This is the best part of this group. I thank everyone who stepped up and helped out. Stepping up to help and share with others the joy of Woodworking is this group greatest strength.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be glad to do this again BUT only if we had 40 volunteers. It is too much to ask of a dozen folks.

I will start a list

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS