And yet, another newbie crawls out of the woodwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbolt512

New User
mbolt
Hey all,
I just recently joined this site after finding it while searching for some info on dust collection systems. It seems like a very friendly and helpful site (hope ya'll don't mind if I stay awhile). ......Ok, here's a little info about myself. My name is Mike (seems pretty common around this site). I've lived in the Charlotte area since birth and now live in Stanley(centrally located between Maine & Florida):wink_smil. My wife and I own a small custom home building business and are currently building in the Lake Norman area. We have three daughters (7 weeks, 2.5yr, & 16yr:confused_).
While I've been building since 93', I've been in construction since age 13 and in all that time I've done about everything except finished woodworking. Until now my woodworking experience has been on a need to have basis. (when I need something, I build it) I've got a pretty good tool collection and I ain't afraid to use it.:icon_thum I've recently tried my first stain grade projects so if ya'll promise not to laugh I'll post some pics soon.

BTW: As a custom builder clearing lots for construction is part of the job and I'm tired of paying to waste trees. Does anyone here have a portable sawmill? Maybe we can work something out. Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Mike. Please post your pictures I am sure your work is great. We have a number of sawers in our members (Kyle, jeff, saw4you). I am sure you guys will be talking. We also have a lot of turners who are always looking to help clear away unwanted wood. :wsmile:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group Mike. Nice bunch of friendly folks here, so dig right in and let us know what you're working on. Great to have you with us.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Mike!:wsmile:

Glad to see you join.

Have fun and by all means, post often!

Wayne

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Welcome Mike, glad to have you aboard. As has been said, you've joined a site that has a great group of people. We look forward to your participation.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Mike -- look forward to reading some of your posts and seeing your work.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Mike. We look forward to more posts and pics of your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS