...... And who says your prayers are not Answered ... Price drop

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
So, I am in Home Depot this morning getting a couple of breakers and I see this- This had a few units of this.

69.00 dollar drop from last week - WOW ! may just be a one off. Hopefully, more price drops to come. It is 4 ply cdx, but........ WoW !
PLywood .jpg

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Lumber futures closed this week approximately 62% down from May which was over 17k per thousand board feet. To early for consumers to see any relief.. I’m betting this was a clearance of inventory

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What I can't understand is that I picked up 2- 2x10 x 8' and 2- 2 x 10 x 16' SYP last week and the price for each PER BOARD FOOT was essentially the same. As a general rule, the longer timbers carry a higher board foot price.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
We do not have inventory on the island. Just don't. What you see is all there is. But, I agree it was a clearance or a mis buy of something. Either way, nice to see a lower price on anything.

Lumber futures closed this week approximately 62% down from May which was over 17k per thousand board feet. To early for consumers to see any relief.. I’m betting this was a clearance of inventory

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
What I can't understand is that I picked up 2- 2x10 x 8' and 2- 2 x 10 x 16' SYP last week and the price for each PER BOARD FOOT was essentially the same. As a general rule, the longer timbers carry a higher board foot price.
Went to buy some 12 foot treated 2X4 for mistting bed. 2X6 - 12 was $0.86 more, so I went with 2X6's. Today, noticed that OSB had come down to around $37 a sheet. This is the same OSB, that last year this time costs $7.97 a sheet.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
Was also pleased to see significant drop in lumber yesterday when I needed some plywood and 2bys

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
So now, everyone will probably wait to see where the bottom is, just like mortgage rate cycles.........

Reactions: Oka

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS