...... And who says your prayers are not Answered ... Price drop

Oka

Board of Directors, Vice President
Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
So, I am in Home Depot this morning getting a couple of breakers and I see this- This had a few units of this.

69.00 dollar drop from last week - WOW ! may just be a one off. Hopefully, more price drops to come. It is 4 ply cdx, but........ WoW !
PLywood .jpg

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Lumber futures closed this week approximately 62% down from May which was over 17k per thousand board feet. To early for consumers to see any relief.. I’m betting this was a clearance of inventory

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What I can't understand is that I picked up 2- 2x10 x 8' and 2- 2 x 10 x 16' SYP last week and the price for each PER BOARD FOOT was essentially the same. As a general rule, the longer timbers carry a higher board foot price.

Oka

Board of Directors, Vice President
Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
We do not have inventory on the island. Just don't. What you see is all there is. But, I agree it was a clearance or a mis buy of something. Either way, nice to see a lower price on anything.

Lumber futures closed this week approximately 62% down from May which was over 17k per thousand board feet. To early for consumers to see any relief.. I’m betting this was a clearance of inventory

junquecol

Bruce
User
What I can't understand is that I picked up 2- 2x10 x 8' and 2- 2 x 10 x 16' SYP last week and the price for each PER BOARD FOOT was essentially the same. As a general rule, the longer timbers carry a higher board foot price.
Went to buy some 12 foot treated 2X4 for mistting bed. 2X6 - 12 was $0.86 more, so I went with 2X6's. Today, noticed that OSB had come down to around $37 a sheet. This is the same OSB, that last year this time costs $7.97 a sheet.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
Was also pleased to see significant drop in lumber yesterday when I needed some plywood and 2bys

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
So now, everyone will probably wait to see where the bottom is, just like mortgage rate cycles.........

Reactions: Oka

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS