And the good will lathe goes to

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks all who expressed an interest. Sadly not everyone can have the lathe at once so the recipients will be:

- batk30msu (Brent)
- AlexSwnasboro (Alex)
- Accelectric (Wayne)

Each member will have free use of the lathe and associated tooling for roughly 3 months before passing it along to the next person in line. There are a few rules of use.
- You MUST post pictures of the lathe in your shop.
- You MUST post a pic of something you make
- You MUST have fun with it.

Please joining me in welcoming these members to the "round" world.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Thank you so much to everyone who has been involved with this!

I can definitely do all three of those things.

the big question is, how much is this goodwill lathe going to cost me in the long run! I guess my use of it ends right about the time Santa should be paying a visit.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Charlie said this is a vortex for many. You will either love it which means you need a bigger tool budget, or you will hate it and be glad NCWW saved you $$$$. Few fall in the middle.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sweet! I can't wait. My wife and I will both be using it and posting lots of pictures when we get it.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Congratulations guys and welcome to the dark side....
Seems like a conspiracy though- once again Jeff didn't make the final cut~

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Thank you so much to everyone who has been involved with this!

I can definitely do all three of those things.

the big question is, how much is this goodwill lathe going to cost me in the long run! I guess my use of it ends right about the time Santa should be paying a visit.

It is going to cost you PLENTY. :D I was the second lucky recipient of the Good Will Lathe and now I own three lathes and have lost count of the number of lathe tools and accessories. But have I ever had fun. Warning it can be addictive. I predict that after you turn a few items that you will not look at a piece of wood the same ever again.

Safety note: With all woodworking tools be safe. Wear a face shield and don't wear loose clothes or long hair while using the lathe. Stand to the side when you turn on the lathe after mounting a piece of wood and if you hear a strange sound while turning - STOP the lathe and check the wood.

Have fun.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like we have continued a great tradition. This is a part of ncww that has continued since near the beginning. All of you enjoy it. But you will probably want to start a separate savings account for future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors