And remember, there is no greater safety rule than to wear these, safety shop glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Sailor

New User
Michael Musgrove
Just making my first stop on the site to introduce myself. I recently moved to Asheville from Bluffton, SC, and am opening a new chapter in my life, which I may go into torturous detail about elsewhere.
I love woodworking and am dipping my toes into the industry/culture/hobby/business world of wood conversion. I've been surfing around tonight searching for a site like this, and it looks like I've found it. It appears to be a knowledgable and supportive group, and all based in beautiful NC!
Michael

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Re: And remember, there is no greater safety rule than to wear these, safety shop gla

Welcome to the site ... if you've been looking around, you already know that we have a lot of regulars, great advice, and good conversation!

Hope to hear from you and see some pics!

striker

New User
Stephen
Welcome to the site. I like to repeat that "safety rule" line on saturday mornings to my sleeping wife who usually responds with terms of endearment not suitable for print.:lol:

J

jeff...

Re: And remember, there is no greater safety rule than to wear these, safety shop gla

Well fun is the name of the game here and pictures. Everyone likes pictures :lol: Welcome to the saw dust pile of NC

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member

Welcome to the site.. Glad you joined up!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome Michael glad you found us. One thing you will find out about this group quick is we love pictures. Enjoy and let us know if we can help.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Michael! Glad to have another woodworker from here in the western part of the state -- I live in Hendersonville and want to let you know that we have an active group called the Western NC Woodworkers Association that meets once each month to share woodworking ideas, tools, projects, techniques and just chatter -- our next meeting is December 9th at 1:00 PM at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just off US 70 to the east of Asheville. If you open the Site Navigation Menu and click on View Your Group Memberships, you can be put on our contact list. Hope to see you on the 9th and in the forums.

Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger

Welcome to NC and NCWWer Michael!
Glad you joined us and look forward to your posts—questions and answers :mrgreen:

Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the website. Always good to have another woodworker join us. What kind of woodworking do you like to do? What kind of a shop do you have? ...oh yeah, we do love photos here.

Ray

Lost Sailor

New User
Michael Musgrove

To date, I mostly rehab furniture and anything wooden, but I was building a few things up until recently: built-in bookcases, cabinets, a bed, a workbench, a garden bench, a trellis, nothing spectactular due to a limited budget, resources and tools(isn't that always the case?). I had a great setup for a shop though. Unfortunately, due to currently trying to sell that house in SC and relocating to a shoebox in NC, I don't have a shop set up yet, although I do have a garage that should do nicely once everything's back in gear.
I have some pics which I'll download and post first chance. Everyone likes photos!

dtomasch

New User
David
Welcome aboard.
I live just a hop and a skip west of A-Town, and have a pretty decent shop (Jet 3hp TS, 8'' griz jointer, 13'' DW planer, POS Drill press, and Makita 14'' BS) if you are in a pinch, I can probably help you out. PM me if you need anything.

Lost Sailor

New User
Michael Musgrove

Wow-that's very generous. I don't think I'll be in any pinches anytime soon, since I'm living in limbo, but I appreciate it! Hopefully I'll be in a position to be in a pinch soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS