Ancient Jointers

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I have these two jointers in my storage room. Unfortunately, I know nothing about them, particularly whether someone can use them or whether they should be tossed. Can anyone give me any information on them?

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
The first one is a craftsman—does it have a fence with it?

The second jointer, Sprunger, made some great machines! I have a sprunger bench top drill press that is well engineered and heavy!

I’m sure someone could use both of them. If I were closer I would make you offer.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The top one with the rusty bed is a Sears box-bed jointer from the 1970s. My first jointer was one of those. Probably a 113.3068 or 113.3069. The stock number will be on the tag.
The lower one is a Sprunger Brothers with an aluminum cutterhead. Likely older than the Sears jointer.
Given some elbow grease, new bearings, new knives, they should make serviceable jointers. I suspect that the Sprunger will need a stand and maybe a motor and switch.
No motor or stand is pictured for the Sears.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Anybody want the Craftsman? I’m not sure what parts, if any, that I have to go with it.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
The Craftsman jointer is going to the landfill before Christmas is nobody wants it. Maybe it's not worth fixing.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Mike, there is always K&L scrap down on Old Garner Rd. They buy scrap metal. Better than the landfill.

Roy G

awldune

Sam
User
Did we establish whether the Craftsman is missing parts? I may be interested if all it needs is a motor and stand. Presumably it also needs a spring for the guard.

Of course, I might rather have the Sprunger if it is not spoken for.

PM me, Mike.

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
I'll play around with the Craftsman, missing parts or not, I have enough spare pieces sitting around that I could do something with it. If your tossing it soon, shoot me a pm. I'm free anytime to come pick it up.

Beyond-the-summit

New User
Burn
If they are still available and we can line up a way to get together. I will happily take them and put them to use. the land fills are to over crowded as it is.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS