An old chair replacement part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I was asked by a person who refinishes and repairs old furniture to make a replacement spindle for a chair he was working on. It is 19.5 inches long and very thin. I don't do a lot of spindle work, but was still able to get this one close, I think. A spindle steady would have been nice.
Jack
100_1506.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Close enough in my book. Good job. If you look at most antique pieces you will see the spindles seldom matched exactly.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Man that looks good.....So how many tries did it take you since you said you don't alot do Spindle turning?

If you say you did it in one try, then man you ROCK~!

I have been trying to make my Mom a chess piece for a while now and can't get it down. Ok I have only tried 4 times.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone. Matthew, I was lucky enough to turn this one on the first try. The man gave me two blanks so the other will be turned into strikers for my turkey calls. Not doing this I'm not sure what to charge him. It took 1 1/2 hours start to finish so I'm thinking $30.00.
Thanks again,
Jack

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Looks great!

I'd charge him more than $30...If I had your talent, I'd be charging atleast $30/hour.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looks good from my house, Jack!

I don't think your customer will be disappointed...

Charge for the time you put into it and don't worry about it.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Jack,
That is what I normally charge a restoration company when I make them a spindle. They finish it and mark up my work. I would think $40 or $45 would be about right for an end user client.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS