An odd question on Amazon Ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Being a frequent purchaser on Amazon, I am often asked to answer questions concerning the items I have bought. This morning I was asked by another customer via that site if there was a blade guard for the DeWalt 20v band saw. The stated that if they laid their finger against the blade and pulled the trigger it would cut their finger. I'm sure this issue is covered somewhere in the operating instructions. :wconfused: I'm also sure this customer doesn't need to be anywhere around power tools or firearms. :eek:
But my reply stated among other things that I knew of no band saw portable or stationary that had a blade guard akin to those on circular saws. Does anyone here know of one?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess stated customer believes that band saw guards are supposed to be there so one can force the splitting of wood via brute force!!??

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very unusual question. I did once hear that SawStop was working on a Band Saw brake, but have not heard anything about that lately.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Denis, was he referring to the type of brake used on the saw stop? If so, I suppose it is a legitimate question, but does indicate a lack of understanding regarding power tools in general.

As Ken said, however, it's probably only a matter of time before that happens.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Many manufacturers refer to the guard above the the upper guides as a 'blade guard'. Perhaps that was what the person was referring to in his question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS