An Introduction to Wood Finishing Sign up sheet

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just FYI, here is the list as it stands right now. All names are in the order in which they first responded.

USER NAMENICKNAME
partmanDanny
Roger45Roger
mpholwayMatt
hymie123Jim
ac holwayAnne
jlimeyJeff
WAIT LIST
wilsoncb
golfdadDirk
HmerkleHank
J_GrahamGraham
Mrfixit71Rich
Mark JohnsonMark
SabertoothBunny
lhmayberryLes

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anne and I will need to drop out as we have a family commitment that day.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi Bill and Richard,

Unfortunately I will have to drop out too as I have scheduled some surgery that day. Didn't have much choice on the date.

Please put me on the wait list if this is ever repeated.

Jeff

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Hi Bill and Richard,

Unfortunately I will have to drop out too as I have scheduled some surgery that day. Didn't have much choice on the date.

Please put me on the wait list if this is ever repeated.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I've moved you to the wait list and moved Hank up to the workshop.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeff. I've moved you to the wait list and moved Hank up to the workshop.
Bill,
I am pained doing this, but move me back to the waitlist - I will be traveling on the 10th and cannot make it...
Hopefully someone else can benefit

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill,
I am pained doing this, but move me back to the waitlist - I will be traveling on the 10th and cannot make it...
Hopefully someone else can benefit
Thanks Hank. Here is the updated list as it stands right now. If you're on the list for Dec. 10 and will not be able to attend, please let us know.

USER NAMENICKNAME
partmanDanny Davis
Roger45Roger Whitaker
wilsoncb
hymie123Jim Smith
golfdadDirk Gale
J_GrahamGraham
WAIT LIST
mpholwayMatt Holway
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff
HmerkleHank
Mrfixit71Rich
Mark JohnsonMark
SabertoothBunny
lhmayberryLes

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Just tossing this out as a pre-read or supplement to this finishing workshop series. I wrote this article for this forum a couple years back in conjunction with a couple of industry experts in finish formulations.

Enjoy...sounds like a fun workshop for sure

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone. We appreciate the feedback. Here is the latest update. If you're in the top six and won't be able to make it next Saturday, please let us know.

USER NAMENICKNAME
partmanDanny Davis
Roger45Roger Whitaker
wilsoncb
hymie123Jim Smith
Mrfixit71Rich
SabertoothBunny
WAIT LIST
mpholwayMatt Holway
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff
HmerkleHank
golfdadDirk Gale
J_GrahamGraham
Mark JohnsonMark
lhmayberryLes

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
This class sounds fantastic. Please add me to the list for the next one.

Any chance someone could do one closer to Wilmington? If not, I will still make the trip to Liberty.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Good morning, I look forward to seeing everyone for a little learning and some fun.
Richard, thank you so much for the class yesterday. I know it was quite an effort to get all the materials and samples together. Also big thanks to @Bill Clemmons for letting us use his shop.

Personally, there were more than a few light bulb moments. It really helps to see the materials and process first hand. I’m eager to put my new found knowledge to use.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I wanted to thank Richard (Graywolf) for a great workshop yesterday. He put a lot of effort into getting ready for this and he came well prepared. Lots of products, from dye's to topcoats, and plenty of samples to see and touch. Regardless of anyone's knowledge level yesterday, I think everyone left w/ something new to try.

Here are a few pics from yesterday, but you can see more here. The pics cover everything we did except the spraying session. I didn't want to take the camera into the finish room. Everyone got to see different types of sprayers and techniques for application.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3092.JPG
    IMG_3092.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3096.JPG
    IMG_3096.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3111.JPG
    IMG_3111.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 106

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
Finishing workshop thank you

GrayWolf, thank you for your great class on wood finishes.

I learned more about wood finishing from you in 5 hours then all the reading I have done in years. Allowing us to touch and really look at all the options available was amazing. I have always thought about using dies or shellacs, but I was reluctant to use them having never seen them used up close. You provided a lot of good info. I’m looking forward to any future classes you offer, so keep me posted. Also thank Bill for the use of his fabulous workshop & providing us with pizza. Thx again,

hymie123

Jim
Corporate Member
GrayWolf! The class was excellent covering basics to spray techniques! I really enjoyed the blending and use of the dyes! The sample boards and comparison with an initial coat of BLO was an awesome demonstration of basics to more advanced techniques and allowed students to see and feel the end product! Thanks again for sharing your professional expertise!

Jim

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to Richard for all the work he put in to plan and prep for this workshop, and sharing all his knowledge with us. Great workshop!
And of course thanks to Bill for hosting. I'm looking forward to the rest of the workshops in the series.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS