An interesting project that we recently completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Great work Scott! How did you move those heavy things around?

Pop

Thanks!

Here on the farm we're equipped to lift up to 50,000 lbs, so no problems handling them on this end!

Mobile, we used a skid steer loader to unload them at the site onto a couple of wheeled dolly's that we fabricated. Once we rolled them into place we used a floor jack to lift them off of the dolly's and set them in place.

Here are the dolly's stored on the barn wall. There are flat steel bars welded to the ends of the channel that we used for ratchet strap attachment. The tab's in the middle were for attachment of steering, push-pull and braking handles.

Dollys.jpg

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
There is surplus flat and quartersawn lumber available at Duke that was milled from the Anderson Woods logs, along with about 40,000 ft2 of veneer. Andy Curran, Campus Horticulturalist and Alphonso Alonzo in Project Management are the ones to talk to if you know any suitable projects for it.
Scott

I can think of a couple projects around the house for the veneer, but if they only have 40,000 square feet, I'd be too worried that I might run short... Oh well.

K

P.S. Beautiful work as always sir; great usage ideas as well!

NCTurner

New User
Gary
Your work always amazes me! And the opportunities that you have been able to open through your hard work are a true testament to your character!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thats some great looking stuff Scott. Glad to see the Univ using local folks

cstandi1

New User
chase
Absolutely beautiful work Scott. I saw those benches in the shop last Saturday and I was wondering what they were going to be. Such great character in that wood, the checking just work well with the overall aesthetic of the bench and looks even better in person than the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS