An experiment in stain

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
These are called black irises.
20210508_175521.jpg

When the flowers wither and die they will stain your fingers if you pull them off. I cut some off and stuck them in a jar. Then I added some mineral spirits.
20210508_175558.jpg

DNA might have been a better choice but I'm out of that today. I'll let them soak for a few days. Will try DNA later. Then I will crush stir and strain them. My hope is this will produce a purple heart stain. Stay tuned.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Have you ever tried Polk berries

No but I have used the goo from black walnut trees. As you know purple heart rarely stays purple. If this works I can stain a lighter colored wood to look purple and the color hopefully won't turn brown.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
We used to play with Polk berries growing up makes a very purple stain on clothes never tried wood but we also used it as ink have to wait till fall and aee

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
We used to play with Polk berries growing up makes a very purple stain on clothes never tried wood but we also used it as ink have to wait till fall and aee
Most any berries and some fruits would probably work as well depending on the color you are trying to achieve.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS