Ambrosia walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw4you

New User
Jack
Sawed some ambrosia walnut today and more to come tomorrow, just wondering if anyone is interested. Also have about 3000 b/f of walnut in the log to cut to order. The price on the ambrosia is 2.00 b/f.

Jack

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sawed some ambrosia walnut today and more to come tomorrow, just wondering if anyone is interested. Also have about 3000 b/f of walnut in the log to cut to order. The price on the ambrosia is 2.00 b/f.

Jack

What are the thicknesses?

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
I've never heard of walnut with ambrosia?? :dontknow: Any way you could you take some pictures?

woodylarry

New User
Larry
Jack, Are you kidding? I love walnut and would REALLY like to see what ambrosia walnut looks like. Pic's first and then in person? I'm off the next 2 days so if the supposed snow doesn't get in the way I'll take a ride to see.

PM me when/where

sawduster

New User
Robert
I know you've already got some 4/4 set aside for me :gar-La;

right ? ........right ? :eusa_pray :eusa_pray :eusa_pray

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Will any of the 3000 bd ft of flat walnut be KD? I could use about 100 bd ft now and the same in about 30 days. I have managed to avoid doing actual WORK in the shop for a while now due to a lack of available ready-to-work walnut but LOML is getting suspicious.

I have been [strike]ordered[/strike] asked to make a DR table and chairs soon and would like some 12/4 for leg stock if possible. I am going to use all of my available walnut stock to make a coffee table/end table for my daughter. The 12/4 is in addition to the 4/4 I need.

Now, for turning I could use whatever is available. I am new to turning but appreciate the concept - I get to waste 90 percent of the stock, modify the original plans which call for a custom vase and end up with a candle holder...and LOML is ecstatic. Wish I'd discovered this spinny stuff a while ago. :rotflm: :rotflm:

BTW I love walnut.

Please post pics of the ambrosia. The stock sounds intriguing (is that a word?). :dontknow: I'd buy 50 bd ft just to say "I've done ambrosia walnut".

Chuck

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I would like to get some for turning... I live in clemmons... I would go in on a Pony Express run.

With this pony express started up I would like a piece for a bowl turning ( like I need more wood:swoon:)

Last edited:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
maybe we need to talk to the pony express master JerryE and see if he is running that way anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS