AMAZON SMILE!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Latest message from Amazon Smile shows that Amazon has donated a total of $2564.07 since we have used that program to help fund our organization. Those few cents from even the smallest purchases on Amazon really add up! Keep up the great work, and if you aren't currently using Amazon Smile when buying through them, then go here.................https://org.amazon.com/npo/search/ref=org_sls_ulp_btnr_prt

Last edited:

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
My Amazon smile shows how much I contributed, and while I'm not going to say how much that was, it was far more than I imagined given that it's pennies... Every little bit helps, and as Bruce says, if you're not using it... well, time to start!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This was from an email I rec'd from Amazon the other day.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification to inform you that North Carolina Woodworker Inc received a new donation of $130.03.

Thanks to customers shopping at AmazonSmile, everyday purchases generated over $200 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

See AmazonSmile's impact to date:
  • $2,564.07 to North Carolina Woodworker Inc

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We got over $130 last quarter. We typically get about $100/quarter from those of you that choose to smile when ordering from Amazon. That half penny per dollar adds up to some real money for us and doesn't cost you anything.

If you follow the link in our ads you'll automatically be set up in smile with NCWW selected as your chosen charity.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Got this today:

This is the quarterly AmazonSmile notification to inform you that the charity you’ve selected, North Carolina Woodworker Inc, recently received a donation of $194.06, at no cost to you.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile turned on in the Amazon shopping app, everyday purchases generated over $236 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

AmazonSmile's impact:
$2,758.13 to North Carolina Woodworker Inc*
$216,932,702.17 to all charities in the US
$236,903,641.58 to all charities worldwide

To track donations or change your charity, simply visit Your AmazonSmile Impact page.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
More people seem to be using Smile and we're now getting well over the typical $100/quarter that we were getting a year ago. Not sure if it is Covid and more people shopping online or just more people taking advantage of this free service. Probably both. Keep it up - we like free money.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Received just now:

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, North Carolina Woodworker Inc, in the amount of $179.37 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:
  • $3,528.34 to North Carolina Woodworker Inc*
  • Over $306 million to US charities
  • Over $346 million to charities worldwide
Visit your AmazonSmile impact page to track donations generated or change your charity.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I just checked my Amazon Smile Donation total for 2021 and it was $179.37. What a great way to help support this site I do buy a lot through Amazon.

Has anyone else topped this through the Smile Program?

Charley

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
It looks like some of us buy about the same amount. This was in my email So, I guess Martin, Charlie and I - all spend the same ..........LOL.... every penny helps !

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, North Carolina Woodworker Inc, in the amount of $179.37 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

castiger04

Brian
User
I think that is the total donation from anyone that had NCWW selected in their Amazon Smile program... in the amount of $179.37 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Brian is correct. $179.37 is the total donation we received from Amazon smile for the 4th quarter. We received a total of $770.21 in 2021. The 194.06 Martin referred to was received in 4th quarter 2020.

Donating through Amazon smile is a painless way to support NCWW.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Jist bought $220 worth of stuff on Amazon, about 2 hrs ago.

100% forgot about Amazon smile

Raced to cancel the order, just now, and then went to the Amazon smile website..and reordered.

If my calculations are correct, that's $11?

*Happy New Year!*.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
A $220 purchase on Amazon Smile yields $1.10 (it is 0.5% of the sale). The $179.37 received by NCWW for last quarter was based on $35,874 in purchases. The $2,564.07 cited by Bruce in the first post was the payment from $512,814 in purchases by NCWW over several years.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS