Amazon madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for the link Gary. I have seen there "special" and "closeout" pages before but never realized they had an "inventory reduction" page. I didn't see any 50" Besseys for $22 though.:-(

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks for the link Gary, there are some really good deals on that list. Too bad I just used my $100 Amazon gift certificate to buy my wife something for our aniversary :eusa_doh: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, that was probably a good move. I didn't know they had a close out page either. Thanks for the tip.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy, I would expect a response like that from you. :lol: But I agree, I'll live 'till another day to buy more tools :lol:
Dave:)

TimB

New User
Tim Baldwin
And the PM 64 for $730 with 2 cast extensions ... think the 10% off code is good thru tomorow as well, bringing it down to about $660

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
D L Ames said:
Thanks for the link Gary. I have seen there "special" and "closeout" pages before but never realized they had an "inventory reduction" page. I didn't see any 50" Besseys for $22 though.:-(

D L

they do have the cabinet door kit, two 50", two 24", and the KP blocks for just $104!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
$1699 for a Taiwanese made PM 66. FWWs' review of the 66 in their last issue was not good IMO. It does not appear to be the same machine it was 10 or even 5 years ago.

Dharmabum

New User
Update your profile with your name
D L Ames said:

D L

I'd take another run at that if I were you. I bought 2 50" and got a 24" for free. Total price, including free shipping was about 45.00

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Travis Porter said:
$1699 for a Taiwanese made PM 66. FWWs' review of the 66 in their last issue was not good IMO. It does not appear to be the same machine it was 10 or even 5 years ago.

Travis,

That is the same one I purchased a year or so ago and it is not an import. It has a Baldor motor and sports a "Made in USA" sticker. Course, who knows what goes on behind closed doors. I find some of the reviews in the mags rather skewed and don't really make all buying decisions based on them. Just my 2 yen.

Mike

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Cool. I have a 66 and have been a 66 advocate for years. I had heard they shut down manufacturing in Tennessee and moved it all to Taiwan. I hope that is not the case as the 66 was best of breed IMO. Only 2 things I didn't like about it, the blade guard (POS IMO) and getting the 45 degree locking bolt adjustment right. I have resolved the blade guard, but I have yet to get the 45 degree adjustment right.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Travis Porter said:
Cool. I have a 66 and have been a 66 advocate for years. I had heard they shut down manufacturing in Tennessee and moved it all to Taiwan. I hope that is not the case as the 66 was best of breed IMO. Only 2 things I didn't like about it, the blade guard (POS IMO) and getting the 45 degree locking bolt adjustment right. I have resolved the blade guard, but I have yet to get the 45 degree adjustment right.

I don't seem to have any problem with the 45° bevel adjustment but the scale on the front of the machine is off. Called CS and they told me to redrill the holes. Yea like I am going to pay 2k for a saw then start drilling holes in the thing. I just use squares and angles to ensure I have the right settings and forget about the scale.

Mike

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Dharmabum said:
I'd take another run at that if I were you. I bought 2 50" and got a 24" for free. Total price, including free shipping was about 45.00

I didn't see the deal you referenced but it is tempting. Can you post a link to that deal? Is there a code needed to get a discount? 45 dollars for 3 K-bodies sounds like an opportunity to me.

Chuck

Dharmabum

New User
Update your profile with your name
cpowell said:
I didn't see the deal you referenced but it is tempting. Can you post a link to that deal? Is there a code needed to get a discount? 45 dollars for 3 K-bodies sounds like an opportunity to me.

Chuck

I don't have the link, but here is the thread from another forum. Be sure to add the 24" into your order, then type in the code and the cost will be subtracted.
Hot deal while they last.
Amazon has lowered their 50" K-Body clamps to $22.67. If you order 2 and add 1 24" K-Body to your cart you still get the 24" free with the BESSEY24 promo code. You can't order 4 50" clamps and get 2 24" clamps for free because they only allow 1 free clamp per customer. If you want more free 24" clamps you have to place multiple orders using separate accounts.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My issue is getting to the adjustment. I can set the saw to 45 degrees with a triangle, but I have yet to be able to work my hands and wrenches into the inner workings to get to the stop when it is set at 45 degrees. The 90 degree adjustment was easy.

I'm with you. No way am I going to drill out a saw that cost that much. Scary though in the price. I remember buying mine new locally in Raleigh and it was $1349.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Glad to be of service...
I got in on the 50" besseys for 22 bucks last time, it was so hard not to pull the trigger again.....:crybaby2:
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS