Am I too new to PM?

JpHess

New User
Pat
I’ve read that you click the envelope and you should see a start conversation tab. And I don’t know if my account is too new or it’s an IPhone issue with this forum but I can’t seem to find the tab. Any help welcome.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No Pat you are not too new!
but the option is kind of buried!
Look in the lower right hand corner for "Start a new conversation"
BUT before you do - make sure you know the "handle" of the person you want to converse with as you will need to at least start typing their "name"
1573754537827.png

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pat,
click on "Show All" and see if the "start conversation" button shows up?

1573755531414.png

JpHess

New User
Pat
379BF9F4-032C-43D2-BEEF-5C330683FF0A.png
This is what I end up with. Could you send me a message to see if it works. I’ve even tried viewing while phone is turned horizontal.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just sent it Pat - sorry, I was in a meeting for a little while and didn't see your message

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
OK, let's try this.

Click on my name in my avatar, should get a popup with info on my. In there should be a link to Start Conversation...

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@bowman can you have a look at Pat's info and see if there is some setting that is wrong?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
he's still classified as a new user. If you recall, we had to up the number of days for users to be able to start a conversation over recent abuse. @FlyingRon was going to see about reducing that number

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
currently showing the following for Pat.

Not a user because member less than 60 days

JpHess

New User
Pat
Thank you for all the help everyone. It’s a shame that abuse of the system is an issue. I completely understand though. 60 days is not too far away.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for all the help everyone. It’s a shame that abuse of the system is an issue. I completely understand though. 60 days is not too far away.
We are doing a review of the restrictions.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS