Aluminum Billet for Guitar Linings

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
This is free to anyone who can use it. Basically, I have two 5 foot billets of aluminum that were CNC’d into interlocking pieces that can be sliced into kerf clamps. You will need to wrap the finished clamps with rubber bands or tubing (or see the O-rings on the link bleow) to create the clamping pressure. Would be useful for someone equipped to slice aluminum and who is interested in building accoustic guitars.

This link will give you an idea of what you would get if you build your own clamps. In addition to slicing the aluminum, you will need to knock down the edges to prevent sharp edges.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
This is free to anyone who can use it. Basically, I have two 5 foot billets of aluminum that were CNC’d into interlocking pieces that can be sliced into kerf clamps. You will need to wrap the finished clamps with rubber bands or tubing (or see the O-rings on the link bleow) to create the clamping pressure. Would be useful for someone equipped to slice aluminum and who is interested in building accoustic guitars.

This link will give you an idea of what you would get if you build your own clamps. In addition to slicing the aluminum, you will need to knock down the edges to prevent sharp edges.

Do you have a picture of the billets. I'm going to be getting into Acoustic builds and it would be great to have a set of these.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
77FB2B25-C6D9-4510-86EF-CF68DFB105D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C78C6DC-B1D8-4331-96B5-17CCB33637BA.jpeg
    5C78C6DC-B1D8-4331-96B5-17CCB33637BA.jpeg
    813.9 KB · Views: 68

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS