Almost happy day

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Well after several MONTHS of my jigsaw in the shop as it did not oscillate, I got a call from SouthernCarlson it was ready. So, hour drive to pick it up. Hour home. Slipped in a battery and... It does not oscillate. They claimed it had a bad part and it was replaced. I can see the lever was removed and pushed back in so I don't doubt they did something. At least it was under warrantee so no cash layout.

Anyway, I am very disappointed. Not going back as that would be four more hours in a car and probably 3 more months for a part so I'll just keep it as it is. Who does a repair without testing it!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would still be inclined to let them know. Nicely, but they need to know that they did not solve the issue.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
And it's hindsight now, but next time take a battery with you so that you can test on the spot.
Not sure I would have thought of that, but now that you describe the experience, it's clear that it MIGHT have helped.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Of course. Thought of that the moment I got home. But I was incorrectly assuming the official Makita repair shop as Makita directed me to would be able to test their work.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
If the Makita is like my Metabo, you will not see the oscillation until there is cutting pressure on the blade.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I tried that. The play in the blade piston is forward, not backward. The roller is a spring that should force it. So forward on cut, strait on return.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
It IS brand new. I had a Bosch corded I never liked. Went Makita for 18V, Milwaukee for 12. Fewer chargers, fewer batteries.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors