ALL CLAIMED: 5/8" PREFINISHED Baltic Birch Plywood (4x8)

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
*ALL CLAIMED*

Good morning folks,

Gauging interest here - I have been in contact w/ a gentleman up towards Mt. Airy, (Craigslist post), that is selling a large quantity of 4x8- 5/8" PREFINISHED baltic birch ply. B/BB grade, (i.e. a couple football patches on the faces, but that's somewhat unavoidable in a full 4x8 sheet). All looks to be 5-6 ply random.

I am personally in need of several sheets for some shop cabinets for my new garage/ shop, (small), but do NOT need, (or have room to store for an extended period) ~25 surplus sheets. 5/8" is plenty strong structurally for what I plan to build, (especially w/ face frames), and 5/8" would be ideal in my opinion for jigs, (especially being prefinished) vs. 3/4" to save a considerable amount of weight for routinely used/ larger jigs, (crosscut sleds, etc).

That said, I'm happy to make the initial purchase, and pull my trailer up and back to retrieve it and bring to my home in Sanford, NC - but am not super excited about storing surplus sheets for an extended period.

That said, if anyone would be interesting in "splitting" the lot here, I'd be happy to help facilitate.

Let's say $40 a sheet for easy math, (and to help offset fuel, etc. if you don't mind). Certainly LOTS less expensive than good BB ply anywhere else, and even quite a bit less than the "decent, but not great" maple/ Oak ply from the BORGS.

If this is to happen, it will need to happen this week, (will likely head-up on Thursday given the upcoming weather), so let me know via PM if interested. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am interested, but only have room for one sheet! (I think $40 for a 4 8 sheet is more than reasonable)
Next problem is how to get it from sanford to Greer SC,especially with my hand issue right now...
(Maybe cut the sheet in half? just thinking out loud...)

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
This would be perfect for some upcoming cabinet plans
I'm fine to commit for FIVE sheets ($200) if they could be dropped off in NW Greensboro, no current vehicle that can move 4x8's
I can store a few more sheets for a week if you need to drop off extras for other local buyers
I'm about 3 miles out-of-your-way from Mt. Airy to Sanford

Reactions: HMH

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good morning guys,

Larry - no problem at all swing by you on the way back through - glad to help.

Hank - certainly happy to facilitate anything I can, though getting a single sheet of ply to SC may take some doing, though happy to cut it down for you as needed.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good morning guys,

Hank - certainly happy to facilitate anything I can, though getting a single sheet of ply to SC may take some doing, though happy to cut it down for you as needed.
Thanks Heath,
I will come and get it, but I just don't know how quickly I can based on my current disability!!!
I am thinkin I will want two... but I hate to put you in the position of holding onto them for a while...

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Heath, if you are still looking for interest, I can take 5 sheets ($200). I am about 45 mins south of Mount Airy, so I can meet you, and help load both vehicles.

FEB1-FEB8, I am on-call, so I may be unable to meet in Mount Airy.

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Hey Heath, I'd be in for 2 ($80) sheets and could pick up from you pretty much any day that works for you.

Thanks,
Jim

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey guys, Sounds good! Looks like there is definitely enough interest in the extra sheets, so I committed to the deal earlier this afternoon. I'll go up on Wednesday or Thursday, and bring it all back to Sanford, (minus the 10 sheets I'll deliver along the way to Larry and Tom). Tom, thanks for the offer to help load - and you're more than welcome to, but I'll also be happy to deliver if you're somewhere along the path, to save you a couple hours.

As of now, here is the list:

llucas: 5 sheets
Hmerkle: 1 sheet
lspoozL: 5 sheets
Phil: 4 sheets
Lefty Tom: 5 sheets
Jim: 2 sheets

Total for the above: 22 sheets

Remaining available: ~3 sheets, (though I can certainly find room for these if need-be).

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Hey guys, Sounds good! Looks like there is definitely enough interest in the extra sheets, so I committed to the deal earlier this afternoon. I'll go up on Wednesday or Thursday, and bring it all back to Sanford, (minus the 10 sheets I'll deliver along the way to Larry and Tom). Tom, thanks for the offer to help load - and you're more than welcome to, but I'll also be happy to deliver if you're somewhere along the path, to save you a couple hours.

Remaining available: ~3 sheets, (though I can certainly find room for these if need-be).

Thanks guys!
I can take PTO at work, Wednesday or Thursday, and meet to help load plus pick up my 4 sheets.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
This sounds great - I'm working all week but if needed they can be left in my driveway (I'll get a tarp ready if rain in forecast)

How should I pay (cash or PayPal)?

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
If there is any left, I'm interested also. At least 2 sheets, 5 if available. I'm in NW Greensboro too and could meet at Larry's. I have a truck to haul mine.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

Thanks guys!
Heath, I will cancel my buy of 5 sheets, so David Justice can get in on the deal. Plus, he is along your route of travel.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good morning guys,

No problem at all gentlemen - Larry, I'm a fair-weather hobby woodworker, (i.e. I find something else to do in the rain, ha). Thursday looks like it'll be a nice day, so that's the plan barring any major weather pattern shifts.

Tom/ David, no problem whatsoever - I'll leave it to you two gentlemen to work out a split between yourselves if you'd like.

At this point, it sounds like all is claimed, recipients and pickup/ delivery locations as below, (ping me if I'm off).

llucas: 5 sheets - Casa De HMH in Sanford, NC
Hmerkle: 1 sheet - Stored in Sanford NC
lspooz: 5 sheets - delivered to driveway along route in NW Greensboro
Phil: 4 sheets - Sanford NC
Lefty Tom: Graciously forfeited*
Jimmy R: 2 sheets - Sanford, NC
Danny Batchelor: 2 sheets - Sanford, NC
David J: 5 sheets - added to delivery made to Larry's driveway, (assuming this is OK w/ Larry).

Total sheet count: 24 sheets - PERFECT!

To the gents picking up in Sanford - we'll all be in communication I'm sure, but if a short-term pickup window, (i.e. somewhere between Friday 02/05 and Sunday 02/07), I'lll bring it all to my house, if prolonged, I will drop off at one of my storage units, (climate controlled), a couple miles from my home - both locations are w/in 2 miles of US-1, so convenient either way.

Thanks all - I was apprehensive of committing to store ~25 sheets of surplus material, but this seems to have worked out perfectly!

Talk soon,

HMH

Last edited:

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good evening guys - still planning to make this run on Thursday am

lspooz/ David Justice - please check your PM's re: logistics, addresses, etc. Thanks!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
What time on Thursday should I plan to be at your place in Sanford?

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Phil - no need to pickup on Thursday, (unless you just happen to be free), I can hold it for the local guys for a week or so as needed, no prob. That said, you're of course welcome anytime - I'll send you a PM. Was reaching out o Larry & David re: dropping theirs off along the return route.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
I'm available Thursday to pick mine up, just need the where and when. I'd like to be at Larrys when you get there to help unload.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good morning David - sounds good! Check your PM's, (envelope icon at the top right of the screen). I sent a note yesterday w/ my phone number and rough ETA's for coordination. Give me a call and we can fine-tune the details. Thanks!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS