Alert! Biesemeyer for $200 at Lowe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arguseyed

New User
Jeremy Taylor
Just put on sale this morning according to guy in tool dept. I snagged one and there were 2 left. I've already got a Uni so one of these will be for sale here soon!

Jeremy

Sully

New User
jay
Could you post a copy of the receipt or store details (address or phone number). I might can get a price match with that.

Thanks,
Jay

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Some stores work with different rules on that. What may be clearanced at one Lowe's may not be at another.

snojcb

New User
J.C.
Wow! Thanks for the post Jeremy!!! There's only one left. The other one is in my garage now. :eusa_danc

In case anyone else is interested, it's a Bieseleyer T-Square Commercial Fence System (BC30) with 30" rails and 14"x27" table and legs. Regular price at Lowes was $400. On clearance for $200.

I spoke with the guy at Lowes and he said they got them in about a year ago but had no where to display them. So they sat on the top shelf of some rack in the back of the store all that time. They needed the shelf space and decided to clearance these this morning.

It sounds like the sale price will be specific to this one store. I didn't even bother checking anywhere else. I drove past two Lowes to get to this one. I got there after lunch and they still had 2 left.

The REALLY good news is that a few hours earlier, I posted this post requesting opinions on a new fence for my Jet contractor saw. The decision has been made now. :eusa_clap

J. C.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
There was a 30" Bies. fence/rails marked down to $150 at the Lowe's in Concord on 29 last time I was there. It was in the unopened box on the floor under the front table saw behind the markdown table in the tools section.

snojcb

New User
J.C.
10 hours (and $200) after reading Jeremy's post the Biesemeyer is installed and ready for its first cut. :eusa_clap Instead of installing the stock extension table, I installed the router table extension that I'm currently building.

IMG_4995.jpg

For those interested in the gory details:

There are 8 bolts total (4 front and 4 rear) holding on the two rails. The 4 holes (2 front and 2 rear) that mount to the permanent top of the saw lined up perfectly. I had to drill four new holes in the cast iron wings, though. I decided to drill and tap the new holes instead of using washers and nuts.

The trickiest part was figuring out what to do with the power switch. The switch mount is specifically designed to line up with the mounting bolt through the extension wing for the front rail. Since the new rail didn't have a hole that lined up there, I was unable to install the mount the same way as before. :eusa_thin I decided to drill and tap a hole in the new rail that matched up with the original hole in the ext. wing. Then I bolted the power switch through the cast iron wing and into the steel rail. I used a 3/4" long 1/4x20 bolt, washer and lock washer - it all fit perfectly.

I've aligned the fence with the miter slots and adjusted the lock tension so it's a real strong hold. Now it all needs a good polish and I'll be ready to make sawdust. :eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great score and a fine install there, JC!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

You will really like that new fence, I am sure. (I have the same fence on my zipcode saw and it is really great!)

Now you will be in great shape to rip down some of that red oak from Nick. It should be getting to be dry enough soon!

Congrats on the SCORE!

Wayne

newtonc

New User
jak
I was in the market for a new table saw for a while,was about ready to buy in the next week.
Was in the Lowes in Mebane this morning for paint,and remembered this thread and walked over to the tools to look for this phantom clearance fence.And sure enough there was a picture of it with a clearance price of $200 and one ticket left for the item.
I considered what my 15 year old craftsman will look like with that fence...and the image of a Rolls Royce grill on a 65 Beetle came to mind.So I grabbed the ticket and got it.The fence was the biggest issue with me wanting to upgrade my old saw anyway.Of course,at the check out, no one new what/where it was.No lie,it took an hour to locate it,and then find a lift and someone liscenced to operate it,and to retrieve it from the top of the risers half way across the store.
But I did get it for $200 so I won't make an issue of that.
What a great find!thanks Jeremy,I never would have looked in the first place.
It will sit in the box for a while,if you recall I said I was there for paint.Got to get a room ready for a new little one in a month.So here's all the proof I got.

Attachments

• fence today1.jpg
    fence today1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 178

Bryan S

Bryan
Multiple gloats by multiple members in the same tread equals suckage maximus to the power of 3

Great scores

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Other stores still have them, they just don't know where. Would one of you post the Lowes item #. Tommorow, I will be in Lowes and can get Phylis to list what stores have them. Thanks, Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS