Air Purifier Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I just purchased the JDS 750ER.

I remember seeing a post earlier about location of the unit, i.e. distance from wall, center of room, distance from ceiling, etc. I did a search on "air filter location", "air purifier location", and others, but couldn't find it.

Does anyone remember this thread?

I would like to install it in the optimum location....
Thanks,

PS: I'll post the required pics once it's installed:icon_thum

T

toolferone

I don't remember the post but you want to put the side about 2' from the wall, the input about 3 to 4' from the other wall in the corner. That means the out put is blowing into the room along a long wall. The idea is that you have a big circular air flow around the room. I hope that helps.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks Tom.
I would think locating it so close to a corner would restrict intake air flow. I saw a suggestion somewhere that it should be in the center of the ceiling/room, but I agree with you that a more circular flow should work best...

Glennbear

Glenn
The Taunton book on woodshop dust control reinforces what Tom says. Close to the ceiling 1/3 down a long wall from the corner. The key is to have the "discharge" end creating circulation as opposed to the suction side. The author suggests cigarette smoke or incense stick to check circulation patterns.

sediener

New User
Steve
I also thought that you wanted to have it "sucking", not blowing over, the location where the most dust is created so that it will pull the majority into it instead of causing it to recirculate for a while before the dust gets trapped.

Like this:::

'''''''''''''''''''''''->|AF|->'''''''''''''''''''''''

|tablesaw|

- Steve

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Mine is located about half way down the back wall of my shop. This is the long wall, ( Front wall has overhead and access door in it. I chose this location because I have a ventless propane, infa-red heater mounted on the wall. The dust collector circulates heat around the shop. No extra blower, or fan needed.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. There seems to be lots of opinions about the location of the unit but not much of a consensus.:eusa_booh

The JDS support guy says center of the shop would be best. According to him, this would create 2 circular airflows, i.e. down both sides of the shop.:eusa_thin

Theoretically, it seems Tom's suggestion would work best. Not sure what I'll do yet, but thanks for the suggestions:icon_thum.

T

toolferone

What I don't like about center is that each circular air flow will be weaker and there will be to areas with no air and some turblance where the meet.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
What I don't like about center is that each circular air flow will be weaker and there will be to areas with no air and some turblance where the meet.

That's what I was thinking too, Tom. The JDS guy seemed to have strong feelings about the center. When I pressed him on the issue, he said the side wall would be ok too, since my shop is a rectangle (16'x30'). He must be in sales. He said I really needed two units for the most effective flow. ROFL!!
He highly recommends the center for square shops.
Thanks for your thoughts...

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I agree with much of what has been said. I have mine "semi-centered" and positioned over my table saw, and near my belt sander and band saw. My router is on a portable table, so I can roll it over also.

BUT, the one difference I have is a ceiling fan mounted over my large work table. I feel this creates air flow movement as well as helping to keep me cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS