Air filtration system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclark

New User
Kevin
Looking to buy a used JDS 2000. It was first purchased in 2004. Any thing I should lookout for?

Looking to buy a used JDS 2000. It was first purchased in 2004. Any thing I should lookout for?

how important is the remote to you..... They first came without a remote.... Then came with a remote but now have redesigned the remote on the new JDS HP model

http://www.amazon.com/JDS-Air-Tech-Filtration-Unit/dp/B005K9M89C

I bought this one brand new figuring I might as well start with new filters.... The made advantage on the HP is that is comes with "washable electrostatic filter that has a 10-year warranty" so I figured that is a money saver down the line and best part is it filters down to 1 micron so that is the most important part

I really thought the unit was going to be made in the USA buying from JDS that was part of the reason I went for that one but it came from China just like the other brands do

really if you bought their replacement filters and just built a box out of mdf and picked up a blower motor for free it could be a good option

AMPS wise this is probally a lower draw motor in this unit then a blower motor out of a HVAC

I would also look as overall dimensions and where you are going to put it.... some of the other units might be better for you

OVERALL

Getting it is a big upgrade to the shop.... the remote is nice with the timer settings .... It is quiet enough ..... I like the washable filter....

buying used for the right price might be a good choice but factor in cost of replacement filters and the type of filter in the unit... into your choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS