Air filter placement??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There is a very good change that I will be getting the Jet air filter that I have had my eye on. I found a slightly used one for sale and will be checking it out today. I am wondering it anyone has any recommendations for the best placement of it in the shop for maximum efficiency.
My shop is a 25' x 25' daylight garage with a single overhead door and walk door one one wall, steps to the upstairs on the opposite wall. Most of my tools are located around the perimeter with the exception of my TS/assembly table and jointer that are in the center of the space. The over head space is bisected by a main beam and lolly column and a main branch of the heat/air duct work running perpendicular to the main beam.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer :icon_thum

Dave:)

T

toolferone

Dave, You don't want to put in the middle of the shop! You want to create a jet stream up in the ceiling area. Put it in the corner 2' from the wall and about 4 feet from the corner blowing in the longer direction. This way you get a nice circular air flow going around your shop. The dust floats up gets caught in the flow and drawn into the unit. Pick the corner of the shop you think wil have the hightest concertration of dust and use that one. After rereading your post you want to hang it low enough to have the air flow clear the beam.

I guess that unit was still around, good going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS