Air Dried Wood Help

s1310

New User
Sam
Good Morning, I ended up getting a bunch of are dried rough sawn wood (lots of it has a live edge), and it's been dry for quite some time, 2 plus years. (Walnut, cherry, persimmon, oak, hickory, white ash, pine, cedar, hemlock, bald cypress)

Some of the slabs and smaller pieces have pin to smaller holes. I want to ensure that there's nothing living in these pieces before I start making things with them. I'm concerned about powder post beetles or anything else for that matter.

I started cutting down the pieces in smaller manageable sections and plane down and flattened some as well.

The wood located near Raleigh and wake Forrest. Do anyone know of any close by kiln drying services or thing I can do on my own to "treat" the wood?
Also, i dont have the room to make a outside makeshift kiln.

If anyone could provide me with help on this matter, it would greatly be appreciated.

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
I had a maple slab with some critters in it. I put it in a large plastic bag; poured a can of boric acid in there and left it for a couple weeks. After I took it out of there, I washed it thoroughly with dawn and water and let it dry a few days. No more critters. I am not sure of how safe this is, but it worked for me...

s1310

New User
Sam
Member Scott Smith (scsmith42) operates a kiln in New Hill. This is his website:
Thank you for the information, its greatly appreciated. I went to their website and filled out their contact form.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS