Advice on painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
We have a high wall in our house, approx. 30' or so. We're wanting to paint it but haven't figured out a way to do it safely. I have a 17" step ladder, not tall enough, I don't feel confident using an extension ladder. I thought about renting some scaffolding, but someone told me that's very pricey. Does anyone have any experience in renting scaffolding for a weekend project? Any other ideas? It's an inside wall so spraying is out. I'm really thinking about hiring someone to do it. Might save a lot of hassle.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Speaking as someone who does everything short of self-plastic surgery myself, I'd opt to hire someone.

I think you'd find the rental cost, setup and time/effort to do it yourself is more than you'd end up paying someone to do it.

If you want to do it yourself, then hey, gopher it!

There are Ladder Jack's, brackets that let you setup scaffolding on two extention ladders. You might find that approach less expensive than a full blown scaffolding. Rental, if its available should be less expensive.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/319745/Werner_AC10-20-02_Ladder_Jack_Platform_Clamping_System

Having fallen off a 4' step ladder, I tend to err on the side of caution when going up.

Good luck!

Jim

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
I agree with Jim....hire someone. I rented scaffolding to do the foyer in my previous house and it is doable and the cost when I did it wasn't too bad. It was a tough experience getting it set up and then getting it exactly where I needed it with the stairway and all, and then returning it on time. Make sure any scaffolding you get is strurdy enough too! If I had to do it again, I'd hire someone. Good luck and be safe whichever way you go.

Rob

New User
Rob
Yeah, I'm not good with heights either. Does anyone on here do painting? Or has a friend that does? Would like to get an estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS