Adjusting sawstop fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
Sawstop fence issue

Ok, I took a video of my issue. My dial is snug in there so that's not the issue. Also the fence is not moving. My shed isn't insulated yet and can get pretty hot/humid. Could the MDF have swelled at the end.

Any suggestions?

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
It's burning. Didn't notice it much with walnut. But maple burns pretty bad. I'm a bit afraid of kick back... Sawstop doesn't do much for that.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Wish I had an answer for you, but mine seems to work fine. Have you had a chance to call their tech support? I've had to call 2-3 times, and have been very impressed with them.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I would definitely let them know. The MDF or whatever they used on the fence face has swollen or the laminate has detached or both. I'm sure all you would need to do is send them a link to your Youtube video.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
If this is a new saw, I would ask for a new fence or at least new side plates. Just for a comparison, my PM66 fence is made from some sort of high density plastic and can be shimmed to achieve a good fit. I don't know how the sides are held to the SS fence so I can't tell if yours can be shimmed. All that being said, .004 of an inch isn't going to make one bit of difference in the quality of cut. You will see that much wood movement just from humidity. Not belittling your concern, just bringing it into reality. As an aside, a properly set fence isn't going to be set perfectly front to back. You want the back of the fence to be set slightly away from the blade. Hope you get the fence fixed though.

Mike

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Do you have a straight edge that you could place along length of the fence. Where the gauge moved suddenly, there is more than likely a fastener under the laminate. The tube itself could be bowed. If that's the case, and face material is removable, shim the face out to straight and SQUARE to the table.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
I think you diagnosed your own problem: the fence appears to have bowed, quite possibly from humidity, especially if it has developed in the last month or so. I also agree with the majority solution: call SawStop support.
Mike also has a good point of reality: .004 shouldn't make a noticeable difference, over the length of the fence, but if it is a bow in the center, it is effectively doubling the offset. You will find SawStop support actually does provide support - good luck to you.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS