Adjustable Height Casters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maltedone

New User
Ted
Hi Everyone,
I am in search of some simple casters that have an easy means of adjusting the height/level. I have some very old ones that have a threaded piece that goes through the mounting plate; this allows you to level whatever you are using the caster on very easily. Problem is that I have been unable to find a place to buy more of these. Seems like it would be easy, but my local stores don't seem to have them ('m in Durham). Anyone know of a source locally or on the net?

Thanks,

Ted

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
zambus.com

not cheap, but excellent quality. all my equipment is mounted on these casters.

Cheers,
Bernhard

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Hi Everyone,
I am in search of some simple casters that have an easy means of adjusting the height/level. I have some very old ones that have a threaded piece that goes through the mounting plate; this allows you to level whatever you are using the caster on very easily. Problem is that I have been unable to find a place to buy more of these. Seems like it would be easy, but my local stores don't seem to have them ('m in Durham). Anyone know of a source locally or on the net?

Thanks,

Ted
What size and how many do you need. (Oh, by the way, they are called stem casters) I have a bucket full of 4" urathane casters that I bought a couple years back:icon_scra. Saw them just today, so I know I still have them.:icon_chee

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
zambus.com

not cheap, but excellent quality. all my equipment is mounted on these casters.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Zambus are the originals, but if you go this route save about 75% by going with the Great Lakes copy here: http://www.greatlakescaster.com/products.php?cat=262

leveling.gif

maltedone

New User
Ted
Bernhard,
Those are pretty swanky casters. I don't see prices listed, but I'm certain that they are not cheap.

I am actually looking for something slightly different. I don't really need casters that have a leveler. What I would like is to be able to just adjust the threaded stem that goes through the mounting plate and also attaches to the actual caster. That's the set up of the old ones that I have, and they work quite well. All you have to do is twist the threaded stem and the caster height goes up or down.

Anyone know where I can get that type?

Thanks,

Ted

maltedone

New User
Ted
Yep, stem casters, that's what I need, and 4" ones is what I was out to get. I would like to have 8 of them, preferably with brakes. To be clear, the type that I would like looks something like this: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200337100_200337100

However, it should have a threaded stem that threads through the mounting plate that allows the height of the caster to be adjusted up and down. If that's what you have, I'd definitely be interested.

Thanks,

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors