Adjustable Hammer

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'd like to pick up one of these but they don't say if it's metric or SAE.

Attachments

• Adjustable hammer.jpg
    Adjustable hammer.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 272

awldune

Sam
User
I guess I can see how adjusting the claw end could help for pulling nails? The hammer end, not so much.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
That's cheap base model, it does not have the adjustable curved handle ---

I remember when these came out, interesting ides, but imho totally useless. I do not want a head of a hammer having movement at all.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
They needed to furnish those to knock the hubcaps back on that Vega I bought..........

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
But I digress. All seriousness aside, I have bought - and still do - my share of specialty tools, but I have not, and cannot think of a practical purpose for this.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
In all seriousness, I can see where the adjustable claw would come in handy at times. Must say I have never even heard of one before.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I'll bet it would be great at making bent nails, or maybe it's for those who can't drive a nail straight anyway.

Charley

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
In my day I have broken several fiberglass handled hammers. The jaws on that mechanism doesn't look like it would be a stretch. It has also been my experience that if it's much over a 20d nail, or in a hardwood such as oak, you don't stand much of a chance of pulling it without a crowbar and will probably just break the nail. I have a difficult enough time driving a nail with a hammer that has a loose handle. I can't imagine how floppy this thing would be with a little wear on it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS