adjustable blade stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

riderkb

New User
Keith
I'm trying to find a product that I've seen, but I can't remember where or what it is called . . .

It looks like a blade stabilizer disk for a TS or RAS, but it has set-screws around the perimeter so that you can tweak the blade to run perfectly true. Sound familiar? I can't find it anywhere.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Have you checked your blade to see if it actually has run out? If so, is it the blade, or the flange washer on the arbor? I remember seeing such an item as you are asking for, but it was for the wheels on a bench grinder.

riderkb

New User
Keith
I can see roughly 0.050" runout on the outside edge of a 10" blade. It's a cheap blade that I haven't been very careful with, so it wouldn't be a surprize if all of the runout is due to the blade.

If the arbor has any runout it is small enough so that I'll need a dial indicator to see it. I don't know how to check for runout in the flange washer. It is separate from the arbor, so I guess I'd just check for runout on the blade near the arbor.

What do you all consider unacceptable runout?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Keith, I've never seen an "adjustable" stabilizer for a TS. If you find one I suspect it will be fairly pricy. I use standard 5" steel stabilizers on my saw and don't have any problem w/ runout. You may want to try them, or a good quality full kerf blade, or both, before you go to the adjustable stabilizers.

Just a thought.

Bill

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Keith, with the saw UNPLUGgED, turn blade by hand and find spot with most run out. Mark this spot with a "Sharpie." Loosen arbor nut, and rotate blade so it's at a different position. Tighten arbor nut and again check for run out. If it's the same spot, them the blade is the cause.

Don Alexander

New User
Don
buy good blades = runout reducer #1

buy good blades = runout reducer #2

buy good blades = runout rdeucer # 3

see a pattern here? :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS