Adirondack Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
For those looking plans for Adirondack furniture, the latest addition of American Woodworker (#135 May 2008 ) has a full article including plans, cutlist, and instructions for an Adirondack Loveseat. Looks like it would be easily adapted to a single seater.

Just info based on the number of threads/posts on this style lately.

Go

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
For those looking plans for Adirondack furniture, the latest addition of American Woodworker (#135 May 2008 ) has a full article including plans, cutlist, and instructions for an Adirondack Loveseat. Looks like it would be easily adapted to a single seater.

Just info based on the number of threads/posts on this style lately.

Go

Mark between this post and your post on the shaving horse, I think that you may have just got the new issue yesterday:eusa_whis. So did I, it's a pretty good one 'eh.

Jimmy:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Actually today!. We're a little farther off the beaten path than Clayton and in the tweeny neverland (between the Triangle, West of 95 area and the Greenville area, so we don't get TV news coverage of the area from either). Either that or the mailman hadn't finished reading it yet:wsmile:.

This is a real good issue for me. :icon_thum The shaving horse, possibly the Adirondack, the table saw multi putpose fence, etc are all of interest to me, and the drum sander tips also looked good for those with the big machines. My niece also wants a plant stand, so that will also be a good read.

My only fault with it is that it only takes a couple hours to go through it cover to cover, and then its 2 months before the next one!!

Go

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Having built many of these chairs, let me say that I was disappointed in one part of their chair. On page 40 the legs and arms are attached with a metal "L" brace. :no: It is better to run a board underneath each arm perpendiclar to the arm and bolt it to the leg and the back brace. Screws can be inserted fron the bottom of that board into the arm and thus as an added benefit, no hardward is exposed on the tops of the arms.

All that work and then cheap braces. Come on! :angry1:

Doug

JOAT

New User
Theo
There is, or was, either the same plan on-line and free, or one similar. If you google you'll find loads of free plans for Adirondack chairs. Supposedly, the best one is for "Jake's chair". I son'r use plans for much besides inspiration, but have found 1,000s of free plans, and posted probably 2-3,000 of them on rec.woodworking. I only kept links to a few that are of particular interest to me.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I vote for Jake's chair (search on google for complete plans). I've built two of these with the matching footstools so far and they are extremely comfortable and sturdy.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
"Adirondack chair plans" = 357,000 hits
"Jake's Chair" = 649,000 hits.

Just tryin' to narrow the scope

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS