ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Well, only if they mess up the hip replacement. Hope they put it in straight!

Best of luck Bruce, hope you have a quick and complete recovery.
I’m not sure yet Bas, but it may be hooked up backwards....

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Update! Woke up at 2:21 yesterday afternoon and they were done. I guess I wasn’t too cooperative because I slept through the whole thing. Pain meds are working great, been getting some walking in, and they keep feeding me. I’m told I can go home tomorrow, Friday, but I’m not sure I want to leave. Great care and I get desert too. Better than hone!
Hey y’all, thank you for all your kind words if healing and encouragement. Really am wanting to get back in the shop soon. Have a number of shop upgrades I’m looking forward to. God bless all y’all and God bless NCWW!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Today is day #9 with the new left rear final drive. All seems to be going well, using a cane a lot instead of the walkers. The hip replacement took place on Wed. January 15. For the first time in a very long time, the VA really clicked, and had a new ramp installed for me on Tuesday the 14th. Wow, great timing!
Yesterday I went out to the shop, carried in an armload of firewood, and almost immediately wanted to call quits to shop work. Anyhow, got the fire going and spread a little heat around, then along with my dog, we shifted into useless mode. I did do some cutting on a pair of Wilkens Woodworking Clocks, Swirling Pleasures. I'm making parts for both from maple and black walnut. Love the clock, but I cannot find any reference to it anywhere on the web. Pictures will be posted upon completion.
It's a dreary, rainy day, and I feel all dreary and rainy inside, so I'll not be trying to accomplish too much today; as a matter of fact, I am so into nothing today that it will be really hard to see where I started, and where I left off. All y'all have a great weekend and thank you so very much for your kind words and prayers! I'll try to check in next lap, but that old pace car can hardly seem to get around the corners.

medic

New User
john
Didn't they make a tv series about you several years back called "the bionic man" faster and stronger . All kiding aside have a speedy recovery

Lhloy

New User
Larry
Continued healing and recovery! Might as well stay home and recover as to go out an chance exposing yourself to the coronavirus. God Bless.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You can have mine Bruce. I ain't using it. :)

Thanks Fred, but I already have an unused brain, all we need is something to fill it, unless we count sawdust--then there's no room left.......
I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful wishes, I can assure you that healing was rapid and complete. The hip replacement did away with not just the hip pain, but knee pain as well. Even my back isn't quite as bothersome as before, but still can be aggravated, Maybe another part of it is shedding 50 pounds in the last 8 months, and that journey continues as I will try to shed another 50. Thank you again everyone, and God bless!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Didn't they make a tv series about you several years back called "the bionic man" faster and stronger . All kiding aside have a speedy recovery
BTW John, in a former life I was a firefighter/paramedic in southwestern New York State. I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as quick as I could!

medic

New User
john
Bruce ,So that is why all of us old f/f ems peop!e are falling apart, side note I lost my mind so if anybody to finds it let me know where I left it , sawdust doesn't work, tried that , too many bugs

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS