Acrylic Turning Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threejs

New User
David
So where can you pick up acrylic turning stock that is larger than a pen blank. I would like to find rods or blocks up to 3" in diameter so that I can turn discs and whirls for top spindles.

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
I will have to do some looking for the large acrylic stock, but I have laminated corian sheets together to make larger items. If you want, I'll laminate some and send to you.

Ken

Threejs

New User
David
That wont be necessary. I think that gets me going in the right direction though. I wanted bar stock so I could cut it into discs. But withy coran being relatively thin to begin with, it should make my life easier. Any idea where I can pick up scraps of the stuff?

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
David I can get ahold of some 1/4 to 1/2 pvc sheets.Not really sure of the thickness I haven't put a tape to it.It's gray in color just like the pvc pipe.Can more than likely get all you want.Some guy brought a mess of it by where I work for us to use for crafts:eek:. He claims you can build bird houses out of it:icon_scra. By the time you get it built you would need a 1/4in. steel cable to hang it with. Shoot me a pm if you yhink it will work.I can get more info for you. I just live over out of Mt.Holly.If you want it we can get together.

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
Check any place that makes kitchen counters. The corian that I get is 1/2 in. thick and is typically in gray stone, white stone, brown stone colors. Keep your tools sharp and it cuts fairly easy. I like using the highest speed that I can run my lathe when I work with corian.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors