Acrylic rod turning project

Status
Not open for further replies.

markh

New User
Markh
Looking for someone that can turn and fabricate an item(s) for me out oversized acrylic pen blank stock.. It would need to be a repeatable process as we may make many of the same piece or variations of it with different color/type stock.. Would be willing to pay a small deposit to go towards the first completed pieces but would also need a time commitment to get them done.

Would be an on going project with variations, additions and improvements being made continually on the original design..

Would be a great project for someone retired or in need of some pickup work but you need to be available enough for a decent turnaround..

The project will be a end up being a two piece unit that screws together, similiar in style to a flashlight and will hold batteries and contain some electrical components.. Battery size can vary from 15 to 19mm round, length up to 70mm. Prefer to make threads right in the acrylic itself but would also consider fittings if you have the right source for parts. Must have own tools and time to move quickly on this..

I'm located in Huntersville. I do have a small, brand new harbor freight mini-lathe and tap and die set available for use.. I planned on learning to do these myself but just don't have the time..

Sorry, last edit.. Would like someone local so we can go over the project in detail before doing any work.. And no, it's not a vibrator :)

email: hoogendoorn76@roadrunner.com

Thanks, Mark ..

markh

New User
Markh
Hi Folks, great forum and thanks for letting me post my request here. I'm really not expecting to get anything moving on these for at least a couple of weeks, although sooner would be nice but I was at least expecting a couple questions and maybe a spark of interest..

Just wondering if it's a reasonable request or if I'm totally off my rocker? Or maybe the right people haven't seen it yet? or maybe a better place to post?

thx...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Probably need more time to let everyone see it. A lot of people don't sign on during the weekend.

If no one else closer to you speaks up I may be interested. I would have to tool up differently for mass production though.

jpr28056

New User
Joe
What type of duration are we looking at? Being without a job I have the time during the day. Evenings can get a little dicey being I am a single father raising 6 kids. The reason I ask about duration is I will probably be moving to Indiana after the kids get out of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS