Acme Tool - Good Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I wanted to upgrade my miter saw to one of the sliders that could be placed up against the wall so I could build it into a smaller footprint cabinet. I ended up ordering the Makita LS1019 from Acme Tools and was looking forward to coming home this evening knowing the saw had been delivered and was waiting in my shop.

That excited feeling was quickly displaced with annoyance as soon as I walked into the shop and could tell the box had been previously opened. Sure enough, after I opened it, I could immediately tell the saw had been used by some scratches and saw dust. They did take the time to put a new blade and other accessories into the box but there is no doubt this saw has been out of the box and used. Although I didn't even take the saw out of the box the saw to test it as I want to speak with their customer service tomorrow, I'm really annoyed that they packaged up something that was used and sold it as new.

I hope their customer service doesn't expect me to ship this back at my expense. I'm willing to try the saw but I'm surely expecting agreement on their end that if the saw is not right that they will replace at no cost to me . . . and I can imaging shipping is not cheap for a saw weighing in upwards of 60+lbs.

Anyone else use Acme Tool and have you had good luck with their customer service in the past? Funny enough, I did see the wood whisperer (Marc Spagnuolo) returned two of these saws to Acme (and he commented on their excellent customer service for the returns) - I'm wondering if I got one of his rejects?

Rick

Last edited:

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Well I have to give credit to Acme Tool on the performance of their customer service. When I called this morning and told them I received a used saw, they immediately accepted responsibility and said that this should never happen. They are sending a new saw out today along with a return shipping label for the old one. Mistakes happen but good customer service speaks volumes on the ethics of a company. Great Job Acme!

(if there is an admin that can adjust the title of this thread, please replace the word 'disappointment' with 'Good Customer Service'). thanks,
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I believe you can modify the title by editing the very first post. Glad it is working out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I changed the other two posts for you.

But I have to ask, if you knew someone sent back two of the saws for defects why would you still buy one?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
But I have to ask, if you knew someone sent back two of the saws for defects why would you still buy one?

Good question Mike - I pondered this exact question for a few days before ordering it. My final decision was based on all the posts that give the saw very high marks and the quality of the other Makita Tools I've had in the past. If you look at the saw that the Marc Spagnuolo did end up buying, it was the Bosch Miter that has many, many bad reviews due to play/movement in the new articulating arm and that can not be adjusted. With the Makita, I had the older LS1013 and had it tuned perfectly (or as close as I could measure) and I'm hoping I'll have the same success with the new model. Hopefully I get a good one . . . . . . I'll know in a couple days. If not, the other option is the Festool Kapex that is three times the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS