... my table saw is for sale.

Attachments

• 20190922_150127.jpg
    20190922_150127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 335

kelLOGg

Bob
Senior User
I see a little blood and a small cut or am I missing something? (a little blood goes a long way to making a cut look bad). That would make me be more careful but wouldn't result in a for sale tag on my saw.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry for your injury. I hope you heal well and soon. And keep woodworking.

jrmckins

New User
Jim
I see a little blood and a small cut or am I missing something? (a little blood goes a long way to making a cut look bad). That would make me be more careful but wouldn't result in a for sale tag on my saw.
It's just a flesh wound.

Attachments

• 20190922_171310.jpg
    20190922_171310.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 20190922_170244.jpg
    20190922_170244.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305

JimD

Jim
Senior User
sorry to hear of your injury. I have not needed stitches from my table saws but I have from other power tools and hand tools. I like my SawStop PCS but they are not cheap.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Sorry to hear that. Don't sell the table saw. You will heal and can/will do woodworking again. This is just a "watch what you're doing better" minor setback.

Red

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got my middle finger on my left hand like that June of last year with a cordless saw. You can expect nerve damage unless you're lucky. My finger is still numb on the tip and hypersensitive elsewhere, making typing a challenge sometimes.

jrmckins

New User
Jim
Yup. I enjoy the comedy that is me trying to pick up a pill with my left hand. I can't feel half the tip of my midle finger so things get interesting.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Can you tells exactly what you were doing when this happened? Once you can describe exactly what happened, maybe we can suggest ways to avoid doing it again.

I know you will be more careful. Hope it heals quickly. Don't let her sell the saw.

Charley

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Hope the recovery is swift and complete.

And to follow up on Charley's comment- don't reenact the event once you figure it out.

Sounds like a smart #%% comment- I know. But I have done exactly that on a deli slicer when I was quite a few years younger. "Hey Jim! I figured out how I sliced my finger. I was doing this..."
Fortunately , that part of my finger had already been removed.
Kind of keeps me humble.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Looks eerily similar to my table saw injury. Cut my pointer finger and thumb down to the bone as well. Actually cut the tip of the bone in my thumb. Took some time to heal and now I have no sensation at the tips of either digit. Hope you heal fast and without much trouble.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS