accessories for Biesemeyer Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Since several of us have purchased the wonderfully marked down Biesemeyer Fence, maybe those that have had this fence for a while can share their shop made accessories for it. :eusa_pray I was perusing Jim Tolpin's Table Saw Magic book and he has some useful attachment's that he has made. Just a thought.

By the way here's my new fence attached to an older model Craftsman. Since the rails adding more width to the saw I had to rearrange the shop. As an extra bonus of having a much better fence the weight of the things has taken out quite a bit of vibration.

Thanks all,

Paul

Attachments

• Biesemeyer1.jpg
    Biesemeyer1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 296
T

toolferone

Paul, the fence looks great on the saw. I have a question about the open web cast wings. Does the new fence ride on the casting. There are 2 nylon pads on the bottom that need a flat surface to ride on. Just a FYI. Yes there are many great jigs you can make for that fence. That book is a good one.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Paul, the fence looks great on the saw. I have a question about the open web cast wings. Does the new fence ride on the casting. There are 2 nylon pads on the bottom that need a flat surface to ride on. Just a FYI. Yes there are many great jigs you can make for that fence. That book is a good one.

that was my question too. an easy remedy is to drill and tap a hole on the underside of the fence tube above the rear rail and use a bolt with a locking nut and a nylon cap to ride the rear rail. adjust it to hold the fence a few thousands above the table.:) or you can fill the webs with bondo!:rolf:

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Actually I haven't had a problem with the fence sliding on the table. I plan on using scrap laminate flooring to fill in the space. I saw that tip in a mag a while back. The guy was tired of his fingers getting pinched when he adjusted his fence. I haven't had that problem but I get aggravated when the pencil or some other small object falls through the space.

Paul

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Actually I haven't had a problem with the fence sliding on the table. I plan on using scrap laminate flooring to fill in the space. I saw that tip in a mag a while back. The guy was tired of his fingers getting pinched when he adjusted his fence. I haven't had that problem but I get aggravated when the pencil or some other small object falls through the space.

Paul

akchooally i wasn't kidding about the bondo.i have seen it done and it works well. the webs on this particulr saw were tapered slightly and a piece of 1/4" ply was droped into the webbing then bondo was applied. before it compleatly set up it was scraped off flush. then another thin coat added to fil any voids and lightly sanded flat. i could hardly feel the webs. might be an easier solution than laminate inserts. have also heard of someone using laminate shelf liner [ the thin plastic laminate used inside drawers ] glued directly over the entire top and to the insert but i dont know how it worked as i didnt see it for myself. those webs are finger gitters!:roll:

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
"akchooally" You kill me.:rolf: I guess typing actually in there sounded stupid, pompous or something of that nature. Sorry if it did. If my idea doesn't work then I might just try the bondo. Thanks Fred P.

Paul

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
"akchooally" You kill me.:rolf: I guess typing actually in there sounded stupid, pompous or something of that nature. Sorry if it did. If my idea doesn't work then I might just try the bondo. Thanks Fred P.

Paul

:rolf::rolf: got yur attention eh?:icon_thum

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have made a u shaped plywood assembly to fit over top of the fence. I drilled a hole in the top of the fence and tapped it so I can screw a wing bolt into it and hold it in place. Additionally I put a t track in it so that I can use feather boards at the top. This also acts as my sacrificial fence when I am cutting rabbets and need to bury part of the blade in the fence.

Let's see, any others.... I made a vertical sled to use with it when I was cutting some tenons on a wide panel one time.

I did buy an accessory for it. The Biesemeyer cut off block, but for the price of it, it would be simpler to make one. I believe Jim Tolpin's book has one in it, and I would recommend making it.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Thanks Travis. Some days I think it's just as fun to make jigs and useful shop items as it is to make anything else. I'm making my list for a table saw accessory day.

Paul

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Paul, If you want something that is really good for a Biese fence or one of it's clones look in the newest Rockler catalogue. They have their universal fence clmaps # 31373 for $13.49 a pair. I bought them and they work really well for attaching a stop block, or a sacfricial fence to your Biese fence and they don't get in you way when they are clamped to the fence like "F" clamps or or other types do. eezlock

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The Rockler Fence Clamps I ordered came yesterday. Here they are in a couple of pics using MDF as an auxiliary fence.

Rockler_Fence_Clamp_1_.JPG

Rockler_Fence_Clamp_2_.JPG

I thought at first that the amount of aluminum along the tops was pretty chinsy, but they do seem to hold on to the fence well and don't seem to rack. Drilled 21/64" holes into the top of the aux. fence and inserted the 1 1/2" end of the clamp and I was ready.

They are ok for the money in my opinion.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS