AC heating the house????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I forgot to post as I was enjoying my cool air again. It was a little low on Puron, about 2 lbs, and needed a good cleaning. $273 overall, but $150 of that was for a regular service contract, with some nice perks. I was very impressed with Biggs HVAC, they did what they said they would, called a half hour before coming within the 2 hour window they stated, and took care of it efficiently and at a good cost. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone needing service in my area. The technician was very friendly, and explained everything that he was doing and how the system works. I learned a lot.
Now I'm back Chillin' like a villain :cool:

Dave:)

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
You didn't say that he fixed the leak, just that he added Puron. If he didn't find and fix the leak, he will be back to do it all over again. House air conditioning systems, refrigerators, and home freezers are all completely sealed and should not ever need re-charging in their lifetime. If re-charging is necessary, then there is a leak that should be fixed before any more refrigerent is added. Many of these service guys make a lot of money from customers with slow leaks in their units. It guarantees that they'll be back in a year or so. Does the service contract that you bought include parts and refrigerant. I'm willing to bet that it doesn't, only cleaning and filter changing.

Charley

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Charley, I asked him about a leak. His reply is that we'll see. When he comes out for the next service visit, if I have lost more Puron then we'll address the leak. I look at it this way in the 6 years that I have been the owner of this unit I have only lost 2 lbs out of the full 6 lb charge, that is a very small leak. If I have to spend $130 every 6 years to recharge the system vs. $1500+ to replace the coil (most likely where the leak would be) I am doing well. Luckily Puron isn't as damaging to the environment as Freon is.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS