above ground pool deck pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Just got a above ground pool put in.
does anyone that have one that built a deck around have any pics of it while building it?

like to see how you built the framing to it.

thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff has been working on one for a while out of ERC. He has taken some good pics of it. Maybe he'll have something to offer. I wouldn't think that the framing would be any different than any other decking , but cutting the curves could prove to be challenging.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Here's a few pics of how I done mine out of ERC, I work on it in my spare time, it's my relaxation project I've still got I think 12 rails and pillars to go to complete it. The entire deck is ERC that I cut on the sawmill, air dried, straight lined, planed, shaped and cut to fit.

The frame features double inner and outer bands and double joists on the 45's with an extra post in the middle of the 45' to stiffen it up. , inner posts are spaced on 4' centers and the outers are spaced on 8' centers. All the bands are bolted to the posts with 1/2" galvanized bolts and tightened with my impact wrench.

The worst part was digging all the holes, I was a little afraid to use a machine around the pool so they were all dug by hand, atleast 4' deep - PITA what a PITA.

A lot of ERC trees died to make this deck :tongue100:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P101000215.JPG

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
thanks jeff, looked thru your photo alblum.couldn't find where this pic was posted.
do you have the full size pic of this one?

attachment.php

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful work Jeff but don't envy your hole digging. I recently hand dog 6 18" holes for rose bushs and shudder to think about going down 4 feet :wconfused:

J

jeff...

Red clay is great, huh !:lol:

Jimmy:)

Jimmy short of dynamite is there is no trick to digging in red clay - just get in there and dig, think about something else while the sweat drips in your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS